BCY23 and Nock2it release

Recluse

FNG
Anyone using the two? I had heard BCY23 doesn't work well for caliper style releases. Should I be using 24?

Thank you

TX_Diver

WKR
Is 23 the less stiff one? I did use it for a bit but went back to 24 mainly because it was a pain to clip onto the 23 since it didn't hold the shape very well.

I have had different pieces of 24 that also had different thicknesses & stiffness though so nothing is perfect...

OP
Recluse

Recluse

FNG
I think so and slightly smaller in diameter. The more I read, the more I see it's not recommended for caliper style releases. Guess I will take it off for safety purposes

OR Archer

WKR
For any handheld release like the Nock2it you’ll want a softer material. People tend to twist their hands etc using them where a stiffer loop with induce some torque on the string. Caliper releases is usually a term used for index finger releases. Not a thumb button style handheld.

OP
Recluse

Recluse

FNG
For any handheld release like the Nock2it you’ll want a softer material. People tend to twist their hands etc using them where a stiffer loop with induce some torque on the string. Caliper releases is usually a term used for index finger releases. Not a thumb button style handheld.
Thanks. Good to know thumb releases aren't considered caliper style

What type of material do you suggest ?

OP
Recluse

Recluse

FNG
Thanks. I was worried it could slip through the release's jaws