BaseMap Pro trial now available!

BaseMap

We know a lot of you have been asking about a trial for BaseMap Pro. We are pleased to announce that our 7-day trial is back! If you haven't already, start by downloading BaseMap Basic on the App Store or Google Play. You can cancel your free trial of Pro at any time. Once the 7 days is up, your account will go back to Basic, you will not automatically get charged for Pro. Enjoy!

https://app.basemap.com/

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Great opportunity to try out my favorite mapping product.

Jeff or Casey,

WIll you be changing the way offline maps are accessed? That is my only complaint with the software.

OP
B

BaseMap

Great opportunity to try out my favorite mapping product.

Jeff or Casey,

WIll you be changing the way offline maps are accessed? That is my only complaint with the software.
Hi Ryan,
Can you be a little more specific about what you would like to see? We just want to make sure we are understanding.

Thanks!

CorbLand

WKR
Is this still available? I am headed out for a hunt and my OnX expired. Wanted to try the trial to see if you I like this one better while I was on this hunt.

OP
B

BaseMap

Is this still available? I am headed out for a hunt and my OnX expired. Wanted to try the trial to see if you I like this one better while I was on this hunt.

Thank you for reaching out. We do not currently have a 7 day free trial right now. You can download the app and setup a free account, but it will not show all of the information available in our Pro Membership.

CorbLand

WKR
Thank you for reaching out. We do not currently have a 7 day free trial right now. You can download the app and setup a free account, but it will not show all of the information available in our Pro Membership.
Thank you for the quick response. I will bite the bullet and give this one a shot for the year.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for the quick response. I will bite the bullet and give this one a shot for the year.

Corb. I don’t think you’ll regret it. It’s a learning curve like onX, but I’m over the hump now and am finding tons of value in it. You’ll like the graphics. Just remember in off-line mode that you can’t access Google 3-D, I ended up using “Google maps with labels”. I might be off a little bit on the title, but that’s the one that shows all the mountain peaks, highways, etc, and then I just put the necessary layers over that. The off-line maps will take a little more space on your phone and longer to download, but once you got them, I don’t think you’re going to see much difference. But for sure, let us know YOUR thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92xj

WKR
Please hide or disable those yellow boarders and the rather large one at the top of the offline map. The offline maps take up a lot of phone space so you try to maximize your hunting area and the yellow hides a lot of area around the edge.

Also, when you are in offline mode using whatever the non pro map, the background map that is shown around the downloaded map, ,about a mile around the whole thing, is way better quality than the actual offline map within the yellow boundary.

The layers, like public lands and property boundaries show up 15% of the time in offline maps, even though they are downloaded with the map and are checked on. I have to go into the layers 6 times and click it off then on for them to show up.

I do not like the new offline map setup at all compared to the way it was a month or so ago.

Last edited:

rodney482

WKR
If you let your subscription run out on BaseMap and then renew later is all of your information and waypoint saved?

Smtn10pt

Lil-Rokslider
I like Basemap, but maybe have to switch just because they do not update land ownership very often. One of the properties i hunt changed hands 4 years ago and still shows the previous owner.