Barnes 160 LRX in 7PRC

philcox

WKR
Anyone get their hands on these yet? I heard there was a load data sheet on Barnes site, but I couldn’t find it. I’d be curious as to what people are seeing if they’re starting to use it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A382DWDZQ

WKR
You could contact their customer service and see if they have anything, but I did not see it on the site either.
From QuickLoad, it looks like N560 would be pretty good.
I think the Hornady 160CX load data would also be a good start, but I did not look at how the bullet profiles stack up to each other, so start low.
I bet that Ramshot Grand would be fast, Hodgdon has load data for a 162gr with that, again different bullet on that, so start low.
If you're sitting on a stash of RL26, that would also probably be good.

OP
philcox

philcox

WKR
You could contact their customer service and see if they have anything, but I did not see it on the site either.
From QuickLoad, it looks like N560 would be pretty good.
I think the Hornady 160CX load data would also be a good start, but I did not look at how the bullet profiles stack up to each other, so start low.
I bet that Ramshot Grand would be fast, Hodgdon has load data for a 162gr with that, again different bullet on that, so start low.
If you're sitting on a stash of RL26, that would also probably be good.
I called too late Friday. Will try monday. As an aside, if I was sitting on a stash of RL26, I'd sell it for $5000/lb ... isn't that what unicorn farts go for? (Haven't seen the stuff for a couple years)

OP
philcox

philcox

WKR
Well I called Barnes ... there is no published load data at this point (wonder why the dude on the JVB podcast said there was), and if I want the loaded ammo, Barnes the only site right now. Other will have it soon.

There you have it ...

LightFoot

WKR
Check ammoseek.com

3e79f17e0943b304e5bdf08afbce5c41.jpg

>>>——JAKE——>

DEW0341

WKR
Thanks. Was not there the other day. Wish they had spec’d some Vitavori powders. I am gonna try StaBALL HD.

I think VV had data on a 160cx or 162 ELDx might just have to play. I’m in same boat for 165TGK no data anywhere just gonna use Hornady book on 162-166grain projectiles