Bareshaft struggles

Luked

WKR
The dirty little secret about Bareshaft tuning....
Very few can shoot a bare shaft many times in a row perfect.

I usually either paper tune with FP's to get it close....or just eyeball it...then shoot BH's and FP's at distance to tune.
IM similar, I don't paper tune anything.
I eye ball my center shot level the arrow with a plumb string.
Then sight in with FP.
Then its BH to check and adjust.
Once the FP and BH hit the same I'm good and they fly as good as I can shoot.

Zac

WKR
Paper tuning is essentially bore sighting. I’ve never had a horrible tear through paper that would magically place a broadhead, or a bare shaft with a field tip.

Paper tuning is essentially bore sighting. I’ve never had a horrible tear through paper that would magically place a broadhead, or a bare shaft with a field tip.

THat about summarizes it. Paper just gets you within the proper playing field. You 'should' be able to get be a bullet hole before shooting BH's. Once you're getting a bullet hole with FP's, micro adjustment with the arrow rest will pull the BH into where it should be

Beendare

WKR
THat about summarizes it. Paper just gets you within the proper playing field. You 'should' be able to get be a bullet hole before shooting BH's. Once you're getting a bullet hole with FP's, micro adjustment with the arrow rest will pull the BH into where it should be
Yep, ^ that works!

Archerichards

Lil-Rokslider
Lots of good advice here. DocHolliday above is exactly right.

After you do what you can with shims and a wee bit of rest movement, suggest you also see the Shane Chuning video dealing with GRIP at

Following this grip advice enabled me to tune my VTM 34.

Last edited:

dirtshooter

Lil-Rokslider
I'm far from a pro or even seasoned bow hunter but what I did, that worked for me, was just shoot FP and BH and adjust until they both hit at the same spot. Worked for me, I couldn't get a bareshaft to do anything and I wasn't going to go out buying a bunch of different arrows and mess around 2 months from season opener lol

Zac

WKR
Lots of good advice here. DocHolliday above is exactly right.

After you do what you can with shims and a wee bit of rest movement, suggest you also see the Shane Chuning video dealing with GRIP at

Following this grip advice enabled me to tune my VTM 34.
I'll have to try this on the Bowtech, have always struggled with right tears on that one.

OP
Pinewood

Pinewood

Lil-Rokslider
The cams are shimmed and timing is set and there also happened to be a shiny new BOONIE at the door when I got back. Tomorrow is going to be a lot of fun.

Reactions: Zac
OP
Pinewood

Pinewood

Lil-Rokslider
For those who are interested: It was pretty much like you'd expect. Shimmed the cams over and some other minor adjusting and its shutting deadly. Groups are awesome and the bare shaft is right in there with them.