Barbers

Amos Keeto

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, I long for Ed Wiggington again!
I can still smell his Half & Half tobacco! LOL! Ed retired about 1960. He had to have been 90 years old!

There are still a few REAL barber shops around, IF you can find them.
Last one I went to was a retired Navy barber. Dude could clip, dust and brush you in nothing flat for $12! With a shop full of men, he was making $48/hr!

Summertime, my wife peels my onion. Wintertime, I just let my hair and beard grow until I can no longer stand it! Then I search for a barber shop!
My head and face get C-O-L-D! I'm not gonna shear it all off!

Good luck finding a real barber 💈 shop!

tony

WKR
$10.00, westerns, outdoor shows on the tv, gun magazines everywhere.
Reloading gear in the back room.
Best thing is all the old guys, black and white drinking coffee bullshitting all day long.

My GF is a hairdresser, so she cuts mine now and then. I usually do my own though. I just shave it down since Im bald on top. Still wanting to find a good barber just to go to for the socialization. Would be a plus if I could sip a bourbon and smoke on a cigar, and talk about things that matter without arguing, just to have some time to relax.

txjustin

Lil-Rokslider
$25 haircut and $20 beard trim. $15 tip usually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

logem

FNG
I find that it's become difficult for me to find a person who can cut hair well using scissors instead of a razor. It seems everywhere around me has gone to trendy barber and beard trim places.

I don't need that.

I'm clean shaven and I have a full head of hair and wear it just to collar length of my shirt. I want someone who knows how to cut with scissors and can layer hair properly. They seem to much harder to find. I'm finding myself trialing all of the local salons, and getting no-where. I thought I had found a good cosmetologist, but her ADD is starting to show and sometimes the cut is good, other-times I end up having to trim obvious high spots.

$25 haircut and $20 beard trim. $15 tip usually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My son and I go to a great place owned by a Vietnamese lady named Lynn. $17 for a haircut and she gives a nice scalp and shoulder rub as well, $25 total with tip and good to go.
The boy has significantly more hair than the old man so his takes a bit longer….
Before we found her it was a local barber we weren’t crazy about, and before then, when I had more hair, it was the guy who did my wife’s hair. That got too expensive and although a nice guy he was a bit too much of a stereotypical hairdresser for me so I quit going.

Another thread could be started on what you could buy gear wise for the cost of your wife’s trip to the salon…..

My barber is very heavily tattooed, but you'd never know. He cuts hair in a tie.

$45 after tip for a drink (beer or liquor) with a great haircut and razor edge. Money well spent. I leave looking good, feeling good, and relaxed.

We are genuinely friends, if I'm his last cut of the day, we get dinner after.

dutch_henry

Lil-Rokslider
Glad to see some of you still have real barbershops in your towns. Ours is long gone. Good memories.

Now the only local option is $35 at a salon. Tried it, and it was so mediocre I now cut my own (and my son’s)

DuckDogDr

WKR
Most barbers here just hair dressers that can’t get hired elsewhere. The true barbers we have are on the downside of retirement or city slickers trying to look like lumber jacks

like you I’m not setting up online accounts, reservations at $55 a pop

I recently got a haircut and thought it interesting that nearly all of the hair on the floor was gray or white.

For the large number of gents I see with no hair above the ears, why aren't haircuts half price?