Banish Backcountry

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I've been using mine a good bit - REALLY happy with how it reduces noise, but I have no basis for comparison when it comes to recoil using different cans on same gun. Love the size for sure.

Mine's direct thread and it really comes loose easy, I check it often.....

OP
General RE LEE
I've been using mine a good bit - REALLY happy with how it reduces noise, but I have no basis for comparison when it comes to recoil using different cans on same gun. Love the size for sure.

Mine's direct thread and it really comes loose easy, I check it often.....

I wrenched my direct thread tight so hopefully it won’t pop loose easily.

Gadjet

Lil-Rokslider
I have several Backcountrys and really like them I'm sure there's quieter cans out there but I got them specifically for hunting rifles. Love the small size and lighter weight of them.

OP
General RE LEE
Anyone been able to use a Magnetospeed clamped directly to the barrel with the Backcountry? I’m not sure there will be enough clearance.

I shot next to someone with one at the range the other day. It was impressively quiet for it's size. If I didn't already have a 30 cal can that was somewhat lightweight, that one would be on my very short list.

Andouille

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone been able to use a Magnetospeed clamped directly to the barrel with the Backcountry? I’m not sure there will be enough clearance.
There's an ingenious and cheap fix using high-strength magnets in this thread.
My Backcountry just arrived yesterday (263 days after I signed paperwork 1/9/23) and I can stare at it for a while till I get my barrel cut & threaded. Doh.

OP
General RE LEE
Shot the Backcountry today and the noise reduction plus recoil mitigation is brilliant. I will eventually get a can for every threaded rifle I own. The size is perfect for my 20” barrel rifles.

BailyHNTR

FNG
Glad to see the positive reviews of the backcountry. i ordered the banish backcountry in June so hoping mine arrives in the coming months. I have a custom 7PRC build with 20” proof barrel that was ordered around the same time that should be here next week. changed from 24” to 20” at the last minute after seeing it become more and more popular.

ArcherAnthony

Lil-Rokslider
I just finished the call with Silencer Central this morning to submit ATF paperwork for my BackCountry. Im planning on using mine on a 28 Nosler and 6.5 prc. What cartridge are you guys using yours on? And how did it compare to your muzzle brake recoil reduction if you had one. My 6.5prc has no muzzle break so I really can't wait til June/July to get this and see the difference it makes.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Just hope you never need warranty work. I’ve been on the phone with half a dozen people there about a warranty on my banish 30 over the past 3 weeks and had zero progress.

I get a different story from everybody, I’ve been told I’d get a shipping label no less than 3 times but don’t have one and every single person I get on the phone has a completely different story of what’s going on.

On top of that the banish silencers aren’t even that good compared to the competition out there.