Badlands MRK6

Hey Guys, I am looking for feedback on the Badlands MRK6 pack. I have seen some mixed reviews on badlands gear but not too much info on the MRK6 pack. There is one on sale at my local sporting store for only $500 (regular $680). Would this be a solid first pack for an aspiring backcountry hunter?

I know the go to brands are Kifaru, SG and EXO but im wondering if the badlands would be a good buy at nearly half the price.

Thanks,
RecentPhase

Don't know anything about them, but it's on sale for 200 in the slate color on camofire right now

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

that is a terrible regular price, and your local "sale" price is higher than anything showing online.

You can do FAR better for less. You can regularly find a used EXO or Kifaru with the last series frames (K3 for exo or Duplex Lite for Kifaru).

I know some folks run Badlands, and that was my first "real" pack as well. I can tell you that there is absolutely zero comparison to a pack from those I mentioned (Stone Glacier as well) and Badlands.

My badlands was there when me and a buddy knocked down a spike and a cow within fifteen feet of each other and 400 yards from the truck. Absolutely miserable getting them out. It worked, but it took me a solid week to recover my shoulders and back from it.

Look for a good pack on here or you can get on Facebook and join the EXO page and Kifaru Insiders. Packs are listed daily.

This is a similar situation to optics. Some folks will argue that Vortex is as good as anything. But the fact is that while you can glass through Vortex, they just don't play on the same field as the big three and cause unnecessary fatigue when used hard. But sore eyes and a headache is nothing compared to the damage that can be done carrying 100 pounds on your back.

Do yourself a favor and be smarter than me.

tony

WKR
Watch camo fire, they run mystery ranch sales all the time.
Dvor has MR metcalfs for $319

$500.00 will get you a nice used great pack for sure

Just looked and there's a K2 in the classifieds on here right now for $275. It is two back in the series but still a fantastic pack and actually the one I bought the following week after I got back from the hunt above. My buddy still uses his and swears it's the best thing he's ever worn.