Bad Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't read every post on this thread but from what I have read it sounds like one set of rules for the little guys and another set of rules for the Clintons. Contributor, big seller, I don't really care! it bothers me that a buyer has gone this far and the seller is still protected, at this point a backdoor agreement is just that! it leaves the public not knowing who both parties are, we need to know IMO the integrity of this classified section is at stake.

Last edited:
I was about to post a link to a cached version of the original post; but won't if it will be a detriment at this point. Is the seller responding? If not I'll post for everyone to see the shadiness if deleting the original post wasn't enough. Even if so I think his name should make it out there.

Yeah that cache version is readily available on google, considering this person has an active listing for something over $1k I'd think folks would be very interested in knowing if this is resolved or not.

I haven't read every post on this thread but from what I have read it sounds like one set of rules for the little guys and another set of rules for the Clintons. Contributor, big seller, I don't really care! it bothers me that a buyer has gone this far and the seller is still protected, at this point a backdoor agreement is just that! it leaves the public not knowing who both parties are, we need to know.

The original poster is being overly courteous but that's his choice to try and resolve it. If curiosity is getting to you copy and paste the posting details listed on page 3 into google and select the cache version (right side of the link, the arrow). The evidence is right there on the internet in the sellers original/own words.

I haven't read every post on this thread but from what I have read it sounds like one set of rules for the little guys and another set of rules for the Clintons. Contributor, big seller, I don't really care! it bothers me that a buyer has gone this far and the seller is still protected, at this point a backdoor agreement is just that! it leaves the public not knowing who both parties are, we need to know IMO the integrity of this classified section is at stake.

What are you rambling on about? Sounds like a bunch of assumptions on your part. If you really wanted to know you would figure it out on your own.

The original poster is being overly courteous but that's his choice to try and resolve it. If curiosity is getting to you copy and paste the posting details listed on page 3 into google and select the cache version (right side of the link, the arrow). The evidence is right there on the internet in the sellers original/own words.

Exactly and it is the op's choice to give a name as it is his issue, we have one side of the story but that side has pretty dang good evidence so far.

You should read more, that way you have the whole story and not making assumptions. There is absolutely no protection of anyone going on, the mods are already on it, but you would have known that if you had at least skimmed the posts.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wow, he flat-out lied in his posting. Dirty. And now he has an item for $1400 on here and asks for Paypal F&F with no mention of merchandise in the transaction. This guy needs to be taken care of before someone gets burned BAD on here.

Wow, he flat-out lied in his posting. Dirty. And now he has an item for $1400 on here and asks for Paypal F&F with no mention of merchandise in the transaction. This guy needs to be taken care of before someone gets burned BAD on here.

With google caching his cell there are guys ready to call this seller out and get his story. It is best for now to let the Mods and PP handle it. Depending on how things work out this guy may be bombarded by a number of guys wanting to voice their opinions.

Hopefully he owns up to it and settles the situation soon.

What are you rambling on about? Sounds like a bunch of assumptions on your part. If you really wanted to know you would figure it out on your own.

Dotman, You are making the assumption that I haven't already found out who it is! Anyway it isn't about whether or not I or anyone else can figure it out on their own, the public should be able to come to the classifieds and see who the good guys are and who the bad guys are without going to a different site, IMO the seller is getting preferential treatment from the OP and the moderators because of who he is, it's bothersome and I don't like that concept.

It may be the original posters choice not to post the name at first but the post was made after he already tried to get satisfaction from the seller and here we are 4 pages of posts and days later and the seller has still failed to rectify the issue in a timely manner, the reality is that "timely manner" should have been before the OP posted his gripes for all to see, IMO at this point the seller should be publicly acknowledged by the moderators on this site.

I can assure you, the Mods are handling this matter VERY professionally and are not providing ANY protections to the Seller. The out pouring of support has been fantastic......but I don't believe in selling someone out before they have the chance to admit their mistake and make it right. I assume he is out hunting/backpacking b/c he hasn't even answered my texts. I am being patient and will re-assess in a few days. Thanks ALL!

“Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal.”
― Aldo Leopold

This quote applies to more than just hunting.

This guy's true integrity has been exposed and that doesn't change if he refunds the money only after he's been exposed to the public.

I would not do business with him unless he comes on here and has a danged good excuse.

I looked it up and I was honestly shocked to see who it was. I've dealt with him on a gun purchase and had no issues, everything was as advertised. I'd really like to hear from him on how this happened, as it's blatantly obvious that pack wasn't "like new"; from my dealings with him, this seems completely out of character.

You should read more, that way you have the whole story and not making assumptions. There is absolutely no protection of anyone going on, the mods are already on it, but you would have known that if you had at least skimmed the posts.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Original poster says he is keeping the sellers name out of the post because of who he is and that he is a contributing person to Rokslide, IMO that part of the public post is unacceptable to me, if you can't name the guy the gripe should have went privately to the moderators to get the issue taken care of quietly behind closed doors but it wasn't. The mods also not stating who this person is bothers me, the seller has already past the deadline for correcting this in a clean and timely manner yet here we are giving the seller plenty of extra time to try and clear his name.

Dotman, You are making the assumption that I haven't already found out who it is! Anyway it isn't about whether or not I or anyone else can figure it out on their own, the public should be able to come to the classifieds and see who the good guys are and who the bad guys are without going to a different site, IMO the seller is getting preferential treatment from the OP and the moderators because of who he is, it's bothersome and I don't like that concept.

It may be the original posters choice not to post the name at first but the post was made after he already tried to get satisfaction from the seller and here we are 4 pages of posts and days later and the seller has still failed to rectify the issue in a timely manner, the reality is that "timely manner" should have been before the OP posted his gripes for all to see, IMO at this point the seller should be publicly acknowledged by the moderators on this site.

I was mainly referring more to the line about some receiving preferential treatment vs others etc.

All I can say is our first reaction, for pretty much 99% of us in this thread is to burn the seller at the stake. The mods and the OP are handling this better then I would but again it isn't my choice as I'm only on the sideline. Why haven't you posted the members name if you feel the forum needs to know? Because you know it isn't your place?

Also if you were the seller and an issue popped using would you want everyone not to give you a chance, I think anyone would be given sometime to clear things up before being prosecuted. That said I'm not buying or selling to this member going forward, my choice.

Last edited:
Original poster says he is keeping the sellers name out of the post because of who he is and that he is a contributing person to Rokslide, IMO that part of the public post is unacceptable to me, if you can't name the guy the gripe should have went privately to the moderators to get the issue taken care of quietly behind closed doors but it wasn't. The mods also not stating who this person is bothers me, the seller has already past the deadline for correcting this in a clean and timely manner yet here we are giving the seller plenty of extra time to try and clear his name.

My guess is the OP said that because the seller has a decent number of posts, etc. The seller is not a contributing member anymore then you are to the forum.

I can assure you, the Mods are handling this matter VERY professionally and are not providing ANY protections to the Seller. The out pouring of support has been fantastic......but I don't believe in selling someone out before they have the chance to admit their mistake and make it right. I assume he is out hunting/backpacking b/c he hasn't even answered my texts. I am being patient and will re-assess in a few days. Thanks ALL!

The seller was posting yesterday. The seller is a Jackass know it all. If there was a ignore function I would have used it along time ago on this jackass. I would love to hear his side of the story. I could understand a strap frayed but come on blood on it... Full blown lies. Ban this loser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back