Backpacking belts to hold up your trousers

OP
M

Mtaylor

Lil-Rokslider
hey man works like a charm! ultralight and has dual purpose if you ever break a shoe lace.:ROFLMAO:
been using one for the last 3 years sheep hunting cause my belts would rub under the hipbelt on my backpack.
So the shoelace doesn’t dig into your waist? I guess it depends how tight you cinch it down.

pcrossett

Lil-Rokslider
I went with one of the Kore Essential belts, works great for conceal & carry and also nice for hunting. The "track" system is nice for slightly tightening the belt throughout the course of the hunt versus trying to jump to the next hole in my old leather belt.

J31Bodie

FNG
GrooveLife makes lightweight nylon stretch belts with really nice magnetic buckles, in multiple widths. I use them every day, they're great for hiking because they're low profile yet supportive, and just the right amount of stretch. Other than a heavier gunbelt or a dress belt, I haven't worn another kind of belt since I discovered them. Good luck in your search.

Roger17

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for the Marsupial stretch belt. Don't even know it's there under a pack. It's become an everyday wear belt for me and I can carry with it just fine.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

croben

WKR
Another vote for the Arcade belt. I also have a couple pairs of pants with built in belts (SG De Havillands and Prana Stretch Zion) and honestly like that feature much better than adding a belt.

Another vote for the arcade belts! Tried multiple belts including the marsupial and didnt like them. Im 6' 200 athletic build and I had issues with rubbing. Arcade belt is perfect. I did just pick up a pair of first lite catalyst foundry pants that come with suspenders so Im excited to give those a try.

Watrdawg

Lil-Rokslider
I got an Arcade Handyman belt the other day and really like it. It’s not as stretchy as their A2 which is perfect for me. So far this belt has me seriously thinking about getting a couple more of them.

croben

WKR
Stormrider is a great co. Super quality and reasonable. No buckle. Once you break it in , it very comfortable.
Which Stormrider are you running? I have their Overlord and love it. Wouldn’t use it for hunting/backpacking though.

I've been using a couple of the hpg belts for a few years and have been overall happy with them. I think I would try one of the first lite belts when I need a new one.

Last edited:

Ninjaman

FNG
I just found out that slightly elastic belts are fantastic. At least for me. No need to readjust or so. The pants just sits there where you want them!

RS3579

WKR
The hill people gear belt mentioned above is what I use every day. Work or under backpack. It’s not noticeable at all.

Duct tape!! I made a belt a few years ago by folding gorilla duct tape over on itself and using an extra buckle from an old kuiu pack. It works great!!