Backcountry rifle set up for around $3000

I'm looking to set up a rifle that could do any hunt in North America for around $3000. I want it to be relatively light (carbon stock/Barrel), and I want reliable glass that can handle some abuse. I'm thinking of a Bergara b14 hmr wilderness carbon in 7PRC. For glass, I'm thinking of a Leupold mark 4 4-18x50". Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

$900 - Tikka T3x stainless in 6.5 creedmoor
$200 - UM rings, level, and trigger spring
$1,000 - Drop-tested scope (NF, trijicon, SWFA, etc.)

Optional:
$600 - Rokstok when they come back on sale
$600 - Prefit barrel from preferred or PVA if you want a different chambering or barrel contour for a suppressor or weight.

You could sell your factory barrel and stock on the classifieds here to offset either of the optional costs.

LFC911

WKR
I like my CA Ridgeline FFT in 7PRC, banish suppressor and vortex scope, but you're probably closer to $4k than 3. My buddy has the 2020 Waypoint that i would consider in a 7PRC but you're looking at the mid $2's for the gun alone.

ljalberta

WKR
$900 - Tikka T3x stainless in 6.5 creedmoor
$200 - UM rings, level, and trigger spring
$1,000 - Drop-tested scope (NF, trijicon, SWFA, etc.)

Optional:
$600 - Rokstok when they come back on sale
$600 - Prefit barrel from preferred or PVA if you want a different chambering or barrel contour for a suppressor or weight.

You could sell your factory barrel and stock on the classifieds here to offset either of the optional costs.
This. Except keep the factory spring. I would consider .243 or 6.5 Creed if you want a factory chambering. 6 Creed for a swapped barrel.

Tikka t3xlite stainless 24in 6.5 cm 800
Maven rs 1.2 1200
Sportsmatch to84s rings 60
Bubble level 30
Rokstock 550
Shooting 147 ELDMs. Youre good out to 750 in most mountains in the west. And 6.5cm probably most amount of recoil most shooters can spot shots with. Gets iffy after that. Plus nobody likes practicing with a magnum.

2640$

Optional: cut and threaded for a brake/suppressor 150ish
(you could buy tikka from UM and they'd cut/threaded before shipping to you if you don't have anyone local)
Brake 150ish
Suppressor puts you way over budget

Are you going to hunt with a suppressor?
Do you reload?

If you are really feeling fancy put a 6cm prefit on that Tikka. Recoil management even easierr and better ballistics with the 108eldm

Last edited:
OP
R
Tikka t3xlite stainless 24in 6.5 cm 800
Maven rs 1.2 1200
Sportsmatch to84s rings 60
Bubble level 30
Rokstock 550
Shooting 147 ELDMs. Youre good out to 750 in most mountains in the west. And 6.5cm probably most amount of recoil most shooters can spot shots with. Gets iffy after that.

2640$

Optional: cut and threaded for a brake/suppressor 150ish
(you could buy tikka from UM and they'd cut/threaded before shipping to you if you don't have anyone local)
Brake 150ish
Suppressor puts you way over budget

Are you going to hunt with a suppressor?
I'm not gonna hunt with a suppressor as of now. I like the build but it seems the rokstock is impossible to get as of now.

You could get a stockys vg to hold you over till then and sell it when you get your rokstock
Yea stockys vg or krg echo would be worth a look on the interim. I don't mind the OEM sock either with something to raise the comb and the vertical grip. The trigger reach is a little long on the stockys but lots are building up the grip with plumbers putty as a pretty easy diy hack to shorten it. Check the stockys vg review thread on here. Stockys usually has a 30% rokslide code they post and probably will have something forblacknfriday similar in their site. The stockys is about 24oz I think and a lot lighter than the krg ech (42 oz) so something to consider. Harder to put arca though on the stockys but I think some have drilled and modded