Backcountry Packs.

marlowfw

FNG
Ok guys. What do y’all use for back country packs. I have been looking into Stone Glacier. Can someone give me some do or don’t. Also what are some must haves for backpacking? Any advice is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top three will be SG, Exo, Kifaru. Myriads of discussions on pros/cons of each on here I personally have the K3 exo and really like it-tall torso and narrow frame fits me well
Boots, glass, shelter need the most attention. Solomon’s work for me there are good and bad experiences for others, swaros are the pick if budget allows and then you can jump into the floor vs floor less debates to see which one suits your style better. I have a borah bivy for good weather and a SO Cimarron lite for rain/snow. As I look at your post I assumed you were talking about backpack hunting but not sure that is the case if not disregard the lower portion.

Werty

WKR
I use a mystery ranch Metcalf, I like it. This year I hauled 2 deer and half an elk out with it. A little big for day hunts but thats what I use it for. Great pack!

Marble

WKR
Just keep in mind what you plan to do. If you are going to be packing meat, get a pack that can carry your camp, or at least part of your camp and meat.

I've never been in the backcountry with an animal down and wished I had a smaller pack.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

OP
marlowfw

marlowfw

FNG
Top three will be SG, Exo, Kifaru. Myriads of discussions on pros/cons of each on here I personally have the K3 exo and really like it-tall torso and narrow frame fits me well
Boots, glass, shelter need the most attention. Solomon’s work for me there are good and bad experiences for others, swaros are the pick if budget allows and then you can jump into the floor vs floor less debates to see which one suits your style better. I have a borah bivy for good weather and a SO Cimarron lite for rain/snow. As I look at your post I assumed you were talking about backpack hunting but not sure that is the case if not disregard the lower portion.

Yes I was. Thank you. I have been wearing LaSportiva boots for work for the last 10 years and love them. I’m pretty sure they will be good for hunting. I’m currently looking into getting Swaros. I have kinda looked in to shelter but haven’t looked to deep. My first picks where packs, boots, glass. There will be a few others going along so I’m sure we can figure out something for shelter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I switched to a Kifaru Hoodlum this past year and just about got it dialed in where I want it now. It’s a great do it all pack. From day hunter to backpack hunter. It does it all including but not limited to carrying heavy loads of meat. Currently I have it on the Tactical Frame. Couldn’t be happier!

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
No matter which brand you go with, try on the different frame options with weight in the pack to make sure you get the pack that fits you best. That being said, we believe that Stone Glacier makes the finest packs on the market. For an all around backcountry pack that works for anything from day hunts to week long trips, the Sky 5900 is tough to beat!

Wmac333

FNG
I have an exo K2 3500, hands down one of my favorite pieces of gear. I have packed multiple animals with it and always wonder why I didn’t get a better back system sooner. I don’t have any experience with others brands like SG or kifaru.... but I will definitely buy from exo again. 3500 would be a bit small for extended back country in my opinion.

Layrk15

FNG
I am currently shopping around for a back country pack and I narrowed it down to Exo! Now im just trying to figure out which size to go with. I would plan on a size big enough to handle 5 days in. I am going back and forth from the 3200 or the 4800. I would think just go bigger if questioning it?

RMac5

Lil-Rokslider
Any idea which pack or manufacturer this is? I tried contacting “American Grouch” about this pack but he hasn’t been on for almost 2 years. I really like the looks of this pack and would love to find out more about it. Thanks for any help. OP, hope this isn’t a problem posting on your thread, I can delete if you want.

Attachments

• A2E7DD6A-75E8-43DD-9A44-381D1D01733F.png
    A2E7DD6A-75E8-43DD-9A44-381D1D01733F.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 22