Backcountry bag

Bater

WKR
Upgrading my bag used for mid to late season Idaho backpack hunting trips. I’m tired of carrying my cheap, cold and bulky 4lb bag.

Does anything beat the Western Mountaineering Megalite for packed/compressed size, weight and warmth? *Only thing close I’m aware of in the sub $500 range is the FF Hummingbird 20.

Thanks

El Coyote 10* Quilt

Custom made XX-Wide Long

900 FP Down

36 oz

**Made In USA**

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A quilt isn't a bag. To the OP, I would choose the Terralite over the Megalite. Mega is 30deg, Terra is 25deg. Overfill will get you into upper teens. Both roomier than the Versalite, but it's a 10deg bag with a slimmer profile at 2lbs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ok I will look at the Terralite too. Who does the overfill? WM?
Yes, Hermits Hut offers it as a free upgrade, you just have to get on their list to get in line to get one. They said they always have them on order and they go out in the order that orders came in for them.

A quilt isn't a bag. To the OP, I would choose the Terralite over the Megalite. Mega is 30deg, Terra is 25deg. Overfill will get you into upper teens. Both roomier than the Versalite, but it's a 10deg bag with a slimmer profile at 2lbs.

To each their own… was just throwing info out there.

Didn’t realize the police were out monitoring posts on a Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upgrading my bag used for mid to late season Idaho backpack hunting trips. I’m tired of carrying my cheap, cold and bulky 4lb bag.

Does anything beat the Western Mountaineering Megalite for packed/compressed size, weight and warmth? *Only thing close I’m aware of in the sub $500 range is the FF Hummingbird 20.

Thanks
I have the MegaLite. With an XTherm I’ve taken it down to the mid 20s without issue; was an unexpected cold front. But I’d not want to push my luck either. I’d I know it’s going to be in the 20s or lower I grab my WM Antelope.

I’ve been using the Terralite for a couple of years. I like the roominess of the bag which is why I chose it. I have overfill from Hermits Hut. I’ve used it down to 5 degrees with my puffy and long underwear.

Back