Back Country Outfitters in Pagosa Springs (Operated by Stone Pass Outfitters).

Novahunter

Lil-Rokslider
Hi all,

Buddy of mine and I are looking at doing our first Elk hunt. Drop camp hunts seem to be in the price range.

We know this is going to be a tough hunt, and probably not a high success rate hunt. But, it'd definitely be an adventure!

We're looking at Back Country Outfitters in Pagosa Springs, operated by Stone Pass Outfitters (Outfitter License #0003469 USFS Permit ID: PAG791, PAG792).

Does anyone have any reviews or info on these outfitters and their drop camps?

BigE

Lil-Rokslider
One of my relatives has been working with them for a bunch of years and she says they are the real deal. They have a bunch of options and will tailor the amenities to you. I trust her opinion, she and her husband are pretty hard core outdoors people and hunters. I haven't used them myself yet, but would like to.

dcm965

FNG
Classified Approved
Is this the same outfit that was run by Tim Hine for a long time?
Yes. They sold to a new group in the later part of last year. Alot of change is happening, hopefully for the better. I have a camping trip booked through them this year and an elk hunt next year and that's where it has changed. The Hines were old school and the new ownership is making changes with how you book and have added more "adventures". Any more questions, let me know.

greenomics

Lil-Rokslider
Yes. They sold to a new group in the later part of last year. Alot of change is happening, hopefully for the better. I have a camping trip booked through them this year and an elk hunt next year and that's where it has changed. The Hines were old school and the new ownership is making changes with how you book and have added more "adventures". Any more questions, let me know.
I'm booked with them for first rifle 2025.

OP
Novahunter

Novahunter

Lil-Rokslider
Good to know. I am booked with them for 2nd rifle this year (2024). Doing one of their Nomad hunts. Going to be my first elk hunt, and I am stoked!