BA Diamond Park 0°

Does anyone have any firsthand experience with the Big Agnes Diamond Park 0° or any of the Park series bags? I'm looking at the Diamond Park as it's the down version. I plan on hunting southwest Montana for archery and/or rifle season. The bag is on the heavy side for backpacking but seems like the added features would be worth it. I'm not sure if the stuff sack size is small enough either? I do like how the bag has plenty of room and attaches to the pad to keep you from rolling off.

I know there are many other brands to look at like Western Mountaineering, Nemo and Mountain Hardware but I don't think I'd be very comfortable in a mummy bag as I tend to roll over alot in my sleep.

If anybody has any firsthand knowledge of this bag or any like it, I'd love to hear about it or if anyone has any comments on the weight, pack size, quality.

Screenshot_20200316-162835_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20200316-162803_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20200316-165727_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20200316-165738_Chrome.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

No experience with this exact bag, but experience with a similar BA bag (Deer park I think, wider cut 650 downtek fill) I had issues with cold spots (during archery season), due to its size (not big enough to fill it up). I would post your size/build, so other similar people can give you some ideas on comfortable bags you can roll around in. I also wouldn't backpack with a down bag that weights that much, pretty sure it defeats the purpose of using down. I do like the BA pad sleeve though, it's nice not sliding off your pad!

Clovis

Lil-Rokslider
I have used a different Park series bag with synthetic fill I bought on deep discount. I regret purchasing it. It is an interesting concept and very comfortable, but it is cut huge (by design) and I think it would be inefficient. I I am not small but don't come close to filling the available space. And the bag is gigantic even though it doesn't have a bottom and doesn't compress well. The down may reduce some of those issues, but for me it is an OK car camping bag but wouldn't want to have to backpack it or rely on it to efficiently keep me warm under adverse conditions.

OP
A
Thanks for the feedback guys. Sounds like I'd be better off with a smaller more packable bag. I'm just average size/build being about 5'10" & 185lbs so I probably don't need a bag with that much room. I was just thinking it would be good for someone trying to get by with one bag for many different uses/seasons since you can zip the pad holder and hood off.

I'd like to see the weight of the bag alone, unzipped from the base. I'd imagine that would cut the weight down significantly and increase packability.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I am on the opposite end of the size spectrum, 6'4" about 240 lbs. I have a park series down bag (10 degree model) and had no issues with it. I have since moved to a quilt and prefer that over the bag. I also tend to sleep in base layers and socks, but nothing major and had the bag down in the teens many times. I purchased BECAUSE it was roomy.