Aziak Backcountry Ballhead review

I haven’t seen a review of this little ball head from Aziak Equipment and figured I would post up my thoughts. I received it last night along with the bino adapter. First initial thoughts, the thing is light! I will put it on my scale today. It’s smooth and locks down tight with my Razor 85. The box it comes in looks like they really worked hard to not just knock off a product from china. It is made it china however. Craftsmanship looks and feels good. The arca plate goes in smooth. The tripod i am using does have a little gap, as shown in my pictures. I have seen this before with these little heads but i am going to see about remediating that. I need some more time with it to see how it works with shooting and glassing from. I will continue to update this thread.

Attachments

• IMG_1480.jpeg
    IMG_1480.jpeg
    303 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1481.jpeg
    IMG_1481.jpeg
    238.2 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1485.jpeg
    IMG_1485.jpeg
    307.6 KB · Views: 108
I checked one out in person the other day and I was pretty impressed. Doesn't quite fill any gaps in my current setup, but I liked it and the Aziak tripod enough that I might pick them up as a dedicated lightweight setup when I'm not planning on shooting off the tripod.

I saw the head and am interested.
Thanks for doing a review on it.
I would be particularly interested in your feelings of glassing with binos and shooting off it.