Axcel Landslyde Review

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
Lancaster told me mid spring before they get their order in, apparently I a 4th in line now, bunch of peeps cancelled, I would as well, except I bought some accessories, sight tapes, etc on the side I figured I would want. So I am invested, otherwise I would go to a dialed sight or something similar although I cannot fathom their pricing structure being new on the market and charging as much as the big boys (SH, Truball, MBG)

Last edited:
If you are looking for the Landslyde 3 pin (0.019) carbon pro's, Whale Tails Archery in WI has some. I ordered one last night. Some Scheels stores have the regular 3 pin Landslyde in stock.

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
If you are looking for the Landslyde 3 pin (0.019) carbon pro's, Whale Tails Archery in WI has some. I ordered one last night. Some Scheels stores have the regular 3 pin Landslyde in stock.
Unfortunately I want the 0.010 pins I like shooting long range and you wouldn't think that tiny little pin would cover the target.

Ideally, I want a 0.019 top pin, then other two 0.010. Once I get the landslyde perhaps, I'll send the head in to get custom pins done

2Stamp

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered one through my Rep back in early Feb. He told me don't expect to see it until at least June.

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered one through my Rep back in early Feb. He told me don't expect to see it until at least June.
Yeah, Lancaster keeps pushing out the day as well, I was originally told 2 wks and it keeps.getting pushed out further and further. Hopefully the sight somea and it's actually out together properly. I've known a few that had to make some.ohone calls and figure out how to fix the sight due to some rattles, wanna say it seemed to be a an issue on the scope block, or some.thing up there. Someone actually did a write up on it on archery talk I believe.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

KRATOCT

FNG
Lancaster told me mid spring before they get their order in, apparently I a 4th in line now, bunch of peeps cancelled, I would as well, except I bought some accessories, sight tapes, etc on the side I figured I would want. So I am invested, otherwise I would go to a dialed sight or something similar although I cannot fathom their pricing structure being new on the market and charging as much as the big boys (SH, Truball, MBG)
When was your order placed? I’ve called 2-3 times in the past week or so in attempt to get an update and although they have in the past, they won’t tell me what order I’m in for receiving mine. I understand they don’t have an update on when they’ll receive it but you’d think they could take a look at the outstanding orders. Just curious. Thanks.

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
Mid December if I recall

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
whether they are bs'ing me or not, who knows.

Talking with them right now well thru the chat,, they just pushed it back from April to July anticipated delivery date, could be longer.

Asked for where I am in the que, still 4th, which means I get the 7th sight apparent? They must mean 4th for the 0.010 pins and 7th overall? Regardless it's looking like July at the earliest.

If I hadn't committed and bought the accessories, I'd cancel the order and get another spot Hogg as I can get my hands on those easily.

Last edited:

Riplip

WKR
FYI - I have a brand new Axcel Landslyde Picatinny 5 pin (.19) sight I am going to list in Classifieds.

I order a 3 pin picatinny. 019 from gohunt.com on Friday and got it on Monday. I upgraded from a 5 pin fuse. I can't wait to get the new sight on target. It is my first slider and the sight feels extremely solid. There is no wiggle at all.

Attachments

• 20220613_203753.jpg
    20220613_203753.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 20220613_203750.jpg
    20220613_203750.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 38

Wapiti426

FNG
It’s mounted and dialed in at 20/30 now, plan on shooting at 50/60 this afternoon and hoping the bow shop has a metal sight tape I need. For some reason Axcel included a 13/14 tape, and the 21+. I think I will end up needing a 5/6.

Impressed with the overall finish. Feels way more refined than my 7+ year old MBG pro 4 pin. Also a little overwhelmed with a lot of adjustments. Out of the box windage was perfect. At 28.5” draw and set as far from the riser as possible a 3/16 peep is perfect on my ventum pro 33.

One thing to note the shop set up the slider centered in the mounts. This puts your 20 pin indicator in the center of the white tape. I moved it down to one from the top mount hole and now the 20 is just on the tape at the very top. I also noticed Phil from Alpha had done the same thing in his latest YouTube video and had to move his as well.

My initial plan was to send this scope in to have a pin removed. I’m considering getting a single pin scope for 3D season as well if I can find one and that would motivate me to make the accustat II a 4 pin if possible. I’m waiting to hear back from Axcel now. One other thing I’m looking for is a second “dead stopper” or whatever Axcel calls their elevation adjustment stopper. Having two would allow you to have a quick reset option back to 20 as well as having a max yardage stopper so your arrow doesn’t hit your scope. At 290ish fps I think I will be able to dial to 110-120 before there is scope/arrow interference.

Also for anyone else who might be in a similar situation- my main reason for switching sights was to try .019 pins. My MBG was all .010 pins but since I’ve been shooting it I wound up wearing prescription glasses. So far at 20/30 yards the .019 have made a huge difference.

If this thing turns out to be durable I think I’ve found my new favorite sight. I’ll report back more after sighting it in at 50/60 later today.
when you moved your sight "up" on the mounting bracket did you then have to go back and re-adjust your first axis?

Jon_G

Lil-Rokslider
when you moved your sight "up" on the mounting bracket did you then have to go back and re-adjust your first axis?
Anyone have any regrets for any reason with this sight? Any durability issues or screws falling off? Just got a landslyde Picatinny today and it definitely feels solid. I might be Selling my Fast eddie triple stack also with the picatinny. I initially got the Landslyde to see how much weight I could save over the spot Hogg. Turns out it is about 4 ounces lighter but I think the landslyde looks much cleaner looking and looks more like a premium sight if you will. How's the scope working out for you guys? One last question, I saw a guy that got this white-ish, green-ish ring around his axcel scope to make it easier to aim. Somewhat like the MRT rings on the spot Hogg. Anyone know where I can get something like that?

Drew8755

FNG
How’s the long term durability for those of you
that are still running the Landslyde?