Axcel Landslyde Review

3forks

WKR
I recently got an Axcel Landslyde Accustat II Sight and thought I’d provide a little feedback on it in the event anyone is considering one.

First, I’ll say that for hunting, I’ve shot Black Gold sights for most of my archery career. I shoot the pro model sights and typically configure them with a 6” dovetail and 5 pins with two .19 green pins, and descending to three .10 pins (yellow, green, and green).

I never had any complaints about any MBG sights I’ve owned and would recommend them to anyone. I think any mid to upper end sight that most manufacturers are offering today are all going to perform well for any archer, and whatever brand you gravitate to is going to be very similar in terms of performance.

I have been shooting Axcel Achieve XPs on my target bows, and have always appreciated the machining and features on those sights, so when Axcel incorporated a lot of those same features into the Landslyde, I wanted to give it a try.

The big differentiator of the Landslyde compared to any other manufacturer is the modularity and the ability to quickly change scopes. You can easily have a scope with multiple pins configured for hunting, and another scope configured with a single pin and light for competition.

Setting the axis on the sight was simple, and the Landslyde has an independent 2nd and 3rd axis.

The Landslyde I have is a 5 pin configured with .19 pins in green, red, yellow, red, green.

The pins are all very bright and comparable to the MBG pins on the sights that I have been shooting. There’s a rheostat/shade that you can easily adjust to reduce the brightness of the pins if you’re shooting in full sun to prevent the pins from starbursting. I can say that shooting in full sun, the starburst effect hasn’t been an issue for me, but adjusting the rheostat does provide a little more clarity for my eyes when focusing on the pins.

All the pin colors are sharp, and while I had always preferred green and yellow pins, I can’t say that the red on the Landslyde is harsh or that any of the pin colors wash out or “bleed” on paper or various 3D targets.

Also, the .19 pins seem comparable in low light to my MBG sights, and I’m not sure that I’d go to a .10 pin on the Landslyde since the larger pin will bring in/hold more light earlier and later in low light conditions (early morning/evening hunting).

A significant improvement of the Landslyde over the MBG Pro is the micro adjust on the pins. The Landslyde is less clunky and more precise.

The Landslyde incorporates the second pointer that most other sights do now, but that pointer and the extremely smooth dial and adjustable tension make for really linear and precise adjustment.

The other nice feature is metal sight tapes. Printing sight tapes and getting them securely fixed to a sight, as well as protecting them from the elements wasn’t a huge issue, but you really never appreciate how much of a hassle something was until you start using the improvement - and metal sight tapes are a huge benefit.

Overall, the Landslyde is light, simple but very feature rich, highly configurable, and is machined to a degree that I think differentiates it from other sights.

Finding a Landslyde is tough right now, and I’ve heard Axcel is way backed up, but if anyone is considering a new sight - I think it’s worth looking at a Landslyde.

ZDR

WKR
Spot on review. I replaced my MBG Mtn lite with it and think it is much better for the same reasons you listed. Also pairs well with the UV3xl double pin scope.
image.jpg

RAPTOR

WKR
I recently got an Axcel Landslyde Accustat II Sight and thought I’d provide a little feedback on it in the event anyone is considering one.

First, I’ll say that for hunting, I’ve shot Black Gold sights for most of my archery career. I shoot the pro model sights and typically configure them with a 6” dovetail and 5 pins with two .19 green pins, and descending to three .10 pins (yellow, green, and green).

I never had any complaints about any MBG sights I’ve owned and would recommend them to anyone. I think any mid to upper end sight that most manufacturers are offering today are all going to perform well for any archer, and whatever brand you gravitate to is going to be very similar in terms of performance.

I have been shooting Axcel Achieve XPs on my target bows, and have always appreciated the machining and features on those sights, so when Axcel incorporated a lot of those same features into the Landslyde, I wanted to give it a try.

The big differentiator of the Landslyde compared to any other manufacturer is the modularity and the ability to quickly change scopes. You can easily have a scope with multiple pins configured for hunting, and another scope configured with a single pin and light for competition.

Setting the axis on the sight was simple, and the Landslyde has an independent 2nd and 3rd axis.

The Landslyde I have is a 5 pin configured with .19 pins in green, red, yellow, red, green.

The pins are all very bright and comparable to the MBG pins on the sights that I have been shooting. There’s a rheostat/shade that you can easily adjust to reduce the brightness of the pins if you’re shooting in full sun to prevent the pins from starbursting. I can say that shooting in full sun, the starburst effect hasn’t been an issue for me, but adjusting the rheostat does provide a little more clarity for my eyes when focusing on the pins.

All the pin colors are sharp, and while I had always preferred green and yellow pins, I can’t say that the red on the Landslyde is harsh or that any of the pin colors wash out or “bleed” on paper or various 3D targets.

Also, the .19 pins seem comparable in low light to my MBG sights, and I’m not sure that I’d go to a .10 pin on the Landslyde since the larger pin will bring in/hold more light earlier and later in low light conditions (early morning/evening hunting).

A significant improvement of the Landslyde over the MBG Pro is the micro adjust on the pins. The Landslyde is less clunky and more precise.

The Landslyde incorporates the second pointer that most other sights do now, but that pointer and the extremely smooth dial and adjustable tension make for really linear and precise adjustment.

The other nice feature is metal sight tapes. Printing sight tapes and getting them securely fixed to a sight, as well as protecting them from the elements wasn’t a huge issue, but you really never appreciate how much of a hassle something was until you start using the improvement - and metal sight tapes are a huge benefit.

Overall, the Landslyde is light, simple but very feature rich, highly configurable, and is machined to a degree that I think differentiates it from other sights.

Finding a Landslyde is tough right now, and I’ve heard Axcel is way backed up, but if anyone is considering a new sight - I think it’s worth looking at a Landslyde.
I'm debating on what to go with for my new bow. I've shot MBG forever, and I'm debating on going with another one - but - the landslyde with the carbon bar is intriguing. How's the weight compared to your old MBG?

Any updates on this? Can’t find a lot of other information. Looking at a 5 pin picatinny mount. What distances are you shooting at? Missing the .10 pins at all?

OP

3forks

WKR
Any updates on this? Can’t find a lot of other information. Looking at a 5 pin picatinny mount. What distances are you shooting at? Missing the .10 pins at all?
I’m shooting my Landslyde with a picatinny mount.

I wouldn’t say I’m missing the .10 pins, but after shooting quite a bit at distances out to 110 yards - I could go either way. Yes, the .19 pins cover a little more of the target, but they are easier for me to see these days.

If you’ve been shooting .10s with no issues, I’d probably stay with those if you have the ability to find a sight configured with them.

I’ve been told Axcel isn’t accepting any new custom orders, so configuring a sight with .10s may not be an option. The sight I found came configured with .19 pins. If I could order one, I would probably go with green, green, red, green, green for my pin colors, but that’s just because I think I’m seeing red a little more distinctly than orange these days. Overall, I really have no issue with a standard configuration.

OP

3forks

WKR
I'm debating on what to go with for my new bow. I've shot MBG forever, and I'm debating on going with another one - but - the landslyde with the carbon bar is intriguing. How's the weight compared to your old MBG?
Sorry I missed this.

The Landslyde feels lighter than my MBG Pro, but I never weighed either.

I don’t think there’s enough difference in weight for me to use that as a differentiator between the 2 sights.

I will say after a lot more time with the Landslyde, I now prefer it quite bit to my MBG sights.

I’m shooting my Landslyde with a picatinny mount.

I wouldn’t say I’m missing the .10 pins, but after shooting quite a bit at distances out to 110 yards - I could go either way. Yes, the .19 pins cover a little more of the target, but they are easier for me to see these days.

If you’ve been shooting .10s with no issues, I’d probably stay with those if you have the ability to find a sight configured with them.

I’ve been told Axcel isn’t accepting any new custom orders, so configuring a sight with .10s may not be an option. The sight I found came configured with .19 pins. If I could order one, I would probably go with green, green, red, green, green for my pin colors, but that’s just because I think I’m seeing red a little more distinctly than orange these days. Overall, I really have no issue with a standard configuration.
I think I’m going to give it a go. I found a 5 pin 0.19 in stock that I should be able to have mounted up later today. My MBG pro is 7 or 8 years old and since I got it I now wear glasses. I’ll post up my thoughts here as well once I get some time behind it.

I think I’m going to give it a go. I found a 5 pin 0.19 in stock that I should be able to have mounted up later today. My MBG pro is 7 or 8 years old and since I got it I now wear glasses. I’ll post up my thoughts here as well once I get some time behind it.
Buy me one! I'd love to throw one of these in my VX33 but I am told 3-4 months! I have always use BG sights but the bar doesn't work.

Buy me one! I'd love to throw one of these in my VX33 but I am told 3-4 months! I have always use BG sights but the bar doesn't work.
Send you a PM later today.

Does anyone know if you can remove a pin from a 5 pin model? That’s the one detractor to me (I’ve shot a custom 4 pin forever).

OP

3forks

WKR
Send you a PM later today.

Does anyone know if you can remove a pin from a 5 pin model? That’s the one detractor to me (I’ve shot a custom 4 pin forever).
You can call Axcel and ask them about customizing your sight.

They’re pretty backed up, but I spoke to them about changing pin size and color when I first got my sight, and they’ll do it for you.

You can call Axcel and ask them about customizing your sight.

They’re pretty backed up, but I spoke to them about changing pin size and color when I first got my sight, and they’ll do it for you.

Thanks! One last question for anyone who has one, any idea on sight bar length for the picatinny version?

OP

3forks

WKR
Thanks! One last question for anyone who has one, any idea on sight bar length for the picatinny version?
I never measured, but there are 3 mounting points on the picatinny mount itself.

There’s a bolt on the bottom of the mount that allows you to move the sight closer or further out.

On my MBG sights, I would run my sight almost all the way out on my 6” bar (as opposed to the trend of most people liking their scope in closer to prevent feedback/torque).

I haven‘t had any issues getting my scope adjusted to my peep.

I never measured, but there are 3 mounting points on the picatinny mount itself.

There’s a bolt on the bottom of the mount that allows you to move the sight closer or further out.

On my MBG sights, I would run my sight almost all the way out on my 6” bar (as opposed to the trend of most people liking their scope in closer to prevent feedback/torque).

I haven‘t had any issues getting my scope adjusted to my peep.
Thanks again, I’m running the same setup on my MBG with 6” DT sounds like I’ll be happy with the landslyde!

It’s mounted and dialed in at 20/30 now, plan on shooting at 50/60 this afternoon and hoping the bow shop has a metal sight tape I need. For some reason Axcel included a 13/14 tape, and the 21+. I think I will end up needing a 5/6.

Impressed with the overall finish. Feels way more refined than my 7+ year old MBG pro 4 pin. Also a little overwhelmed with a lot of adjustments. Out of the box windage was perfect. At 28.5” draw and set as far from the riser as possible a 3/16 peep is perfect on my ventum pro 33.

One thing to note the shop set up the slider centered in the mounts. This puts your 20 pin indicator in the center of the white tape. I moved it down to one from the top mount hole and now the 20 is just on the tape at the very top. I also noticed Phil from Alpha had done the same thing in his latest YouTube video and had to move his as well.

My initial plan was to send this scope in to have a pin removed. I’m considering getting a single pin scope for 3D season as well if I can find one and that would motivate me to make the accustat II a 4 pin if possible. I’m waiting to hear back from Axcel now. One other thing I’m looking for is a second “dead stopper” or whatever Axcel calls their elevation adjustment stopper. Having two would allow you to have a quick reset option back to 20 as well as having a max yardage stopper so your arrow doesn’t hit your scope. At 290ish fps I think I will be able to dial to 110-120 before there is scope/arrow interference.

Also for anyone else who might be in a similar situation- my main reason for switching sights was to try .019 pins. My MBG was all .010 pins but since I’ve been shooting it I wound up wearing prescription glasses. So far at 20/30 yards the .019 have made a huge difference.

If this thing turns out to be durable I think I’ve found my new favorite sight. I’ll report back more after sighting it in at 50/60 later today.

Last edited:
So I was way off in what tape I thought I needed. The 13 is close but an 11/12 might be better. Put about 50 arrows through it today. Really digging it so far! Pretty comfortable out to 60 yards with the .019 pins. C9A36F77-890B-491E-A0D9-19EED9D8EA3A.jpegCA3A7290-9BBB-4B2B-A659-E931BFF753C0.jpeg

BucksNBulls

Lil-Rokslider
I also switched from MBG to a Picatinny Landslyde. Using UVXL scope. I prefer it way more than the MBG.