Average Hunter Ignorance.

180ls1

WKR
That’s a real bummer about that guy putting a stalk on that ram and someone else smoking it. If the longer range hunter was aware of his presence near the ram, that’s a dick move IMO.

But I’m also certain that if the playing field was completely even, most of the same people, would still find things to complain about. Just like Trad hunters hating on compound hunters. They think compound bows are unfair lol.

Success rates haven’t changed drastically, and I don’t personally like having limitations placed on me because of someone else’s limited abilities or beliefs. Not just in shooting.

For the record my big game animals last year came at 100 yards, 130 yards, 230 yards and 205 yards. I kill them however it makes the most sense to me personally. I don’t seek out long shots and I certainly wouldn’t drop an intentional bomb over the top of someone that I was aware of if they were making a stalk before I spotted the animal.

Yup, my shot placement seems to be hindered more by time/positioning than by distance.

Last year my rifle kills were at 150, 226, 320. The 150 was the worst in regards to placement, no surprise it was also the most rushed. Looking back, this seems to be a general trend.

Juan_ID

WKR
From my experience, most people who are blatantly negative to strangers on the internet, have never really accomplished or achieved anything in life. Nobody I know, that’s genuinely successful or has achieved anything of merit, takes the time to go out of their way to be negative towards random people they don’t know. And I’m only referring to the “shit shooting” commenters. Not everyone.

Constructive criticism is always welcomed.
Gotchya, fair enough. 👍

I have a YouTube channel where I share videos of terminal performance so people can see things for themselves. This is actually my buddy’s video. You can see the first shot hit slightly high, and the second shot hits slightly high and back. Both lung shots IMO. The bull dies in about 25 seconds.

Now look at the comments from hunters who have probably never killed an elk, or possibly any animal in their lives.

How do “shitty shots” results in an 6-800lb animal dying in 25 seconds and going zero yards? Lol. The lack of knowledge and ignorance of animal’s vital sizes and bullet performance seriously boggles my mind.

These are the average hunters that bullet companies would have to educate if they wanted to show them how devastating “non hunting” bullets actually are. Genuinely an uphill battle for sure.

You're right about those comments, and the nature of people being negative on the internet. My experience is that the more experience someone has in reality, the more likely they are to either ask insightful questions, or make useful points with a positive tone. It's the basement-dwelling neckbeards with more time behind a computer than behind a rifle who stir the $h*t like that with those comments. It has the unfortunate effect of causing genuine experts and experienced people move away from forums or into silence, and that just hurts everyone.

OP
huntnful

huntnful

WKR
You're right about those comments, and the nature of people being negative on the internet. My experience is that the more experience someone has in reality, the more likely they are to either ask insightful questions, or make useful points with a positive tone. It's the basement-dwelling neckbeards with more time behind a computer than behind a rifle who stir the $h*t like that with those comments. It has the unfortunate effect of causing genuine experts and experienced people move away from forums or into silence, and that just hurts everyone.
Absolutely agree 100% with you on that!

hdc77

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
A little late to the party, pretty amazing how people can be on the internet. Not perfect shots but dead elk where he stood, not sure what is there to argue. One guy even saying if it’s not a bow or pistol it’s not fair chase, what a clown. I hate anybody that speaks from the “podium of ethical high ground”, you know like the gun grabbers of the government 🤮

OP
huntnful

huntnful

WKR
So there I was... Just made a perfect liver shot, when this MF'er with a goofy cowboy hat shot it in the leg, ran past me, and put his tag on it.
Lmfao 🤣. She clearly wasn’t shooting the proper frangible bullets, or the liver shot would have took him out ASAP 😅.

This is pretty interesting. My buddy just sent me this. He shot this buck last year with a mono bullet. The healed wound you see on the mid body just below center line is the exit side. Lethal hit on a broadside shot with an ELDM?? I personally think so.

IMG_2055.jpeg

KenLee

WKR
Lmfao 🤣. She clearly wasn’t shooting the proper frangible bullets, or the liver shot would have took him out ASAP 😅.

This is pretty interesting. My buddy just sent me this. He shot this buck last year with a mono bullet. The healed wound you see on the mid body just below center line is the exit side. Lethal hit on a broadside shot with an ELDM?? I personally think so.

View attachment 743443
At 250 yards, that shot with a 300wsm and 150 gr NBT will put the stomach on the ground within 40 yards. Deer down within 60. The buck broke on a doe as I pulled the trigger.

hdc77

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved

View attachment 743443
Not saying they don’t work for some people but I hate mono metal bullets, especially Barnes! Hate those suckers

SouthPaw

WKR

View attachment 743443
Friends don't let friends shoot monos.

At least tell them to shoot animals farther forward. 😉

Rich M

WKR
Completely ignorant statement.

This is the type of thinking that divides hunters and will ultimately result in a complete ban.

The distance has nothing to do with it. People taking shots beyond their skill level is the problem.
I dont think so. Most folks dont shoot regularly rifle or archery.

Some folks on here complain about finding multiple dead critters in their hunt area.

look at the jokers on you tube doing long range gut shooting, walking the bullets around cause they cant shoot well enough.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I dont think so. Most folks dont shoot regularly rifle or archery.

Some folks on here complain about finding multiple dead critters in their hunt area.

look at the jokers on you tube doing long range gut shooting, walking the bullets around cause they cant shoot well enough.
The part you're not understanding is that distance has nothing to do with it. There are plenty of Fudds walking around the woods that shouldn't be taking a 100-yard shot with a rifle. The long-range stuff makes it to YouTube because the hunter has time to make a video of their bad shooting. The Fudd walking around, shooting at spooked animals, doesn't have time for anything.

Both result in wounded animals that are not recovered.

Your way of thinking "Only my way is the right way," is a lot of what's wrong with our country right now. Too many people are trying to tell everyone else how to live when they have no idea what they're talking about.

WCB

WKR
I mean agreeing that shot placement is less than ideal...I've seen elk get shot perfectly broadside right through the lungs with 1-2 shots and stay on their feet longer than this bull did multiple times....Now if the video is like most "influencers" and the guy instantly started fist pumping claiming a perfect shot while it gets up and runs away or just stands their want wobbles around....

Kudos for the shooter taking a follow up shot