Available Amps left for accessories on 2005 Honda Rubicon 500 ATV

id450

WKR
Hi, Any one have a 05 or 06 Rubicon? Just got a new/ used one. The manual says the auxiliary power port can handle 10 amps. I just installed a new tusk lithium ion battery. From what I can tell this ATV should have another 20 or so amp’s available. Plan to install a 8 inch LED light bar and a winch. Any recommendations on these items or at other accessory’s? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheels

WKR
I had an ‘02 for the last 22 years(sold it this summer) and never had a problem hooking a 12v sprayer and seeder to the battery. You likely won’t be using the winch and LED lights at the same time, so you should be fine.

OP
I

id450

WKR
I had an ‘02 for the last 22 years(sold it this summer) and never had a problem hooking a 12v sprayer and seeder to the battery. You likely won’t be using the winch and LED lights at the same time, so you should be fine.

True , doubt I would need to run both at once.

Haha , doubt it. I do alot of dumb stuff that usually ends up costing me. Trying to get ahead of it this time. Blown out system sounds like no fun.

Fortunately in this case, too much drain will almost certainly not damage anything!

Run the winch directly off the battery, and even both at once will probably be fine.