ATN 4K Pro or Sightmark Wraith

Bigty50

FNG
Would love to hear reviews or why you chose one over the other. I don’t have the funds for thermal so looking for an introductory digital NV optic.

Falro

FNG
I’ve used both over the years and no question I’m a fan of the wraith over the ATN. Not that Atn is junk, they’re nice scopes (the NV not the thermal) while they work but they have so many problems with firmware. Walk into any night optics dealer and ask which they get more returns on and have problems with and it’ll be the ATN everytime. I also like that the wraith is shorter, but it is top heavy on a gun. I would suggest to get the lowest power scope you can if you’re scanning with it, and definitely upgrade the IR light it’s a game changer. Either one will do the job but definitely make sure you have a warranty wherever you buy from. Electronics can and will go bad eventually. If you want a thermal or can wait a little and save (it’s worth it trust me) the Pulsar Core RXQ30V is a great lower end thermal for around $2,000. Stay away from ATN on the thermals they’re sadly underwhelming

OP
B

Bigty50

FNG
I’ve used both over the years and no question I’m a fan of the wraith over the ATN. Not that Atn is junk, they’re nice scopes (the NV not the thermal) while they work but they have so many problems with firmware. Walk into any night optics dealer and ask which they get more returns on and have problems with and it’ll be the ATN everytime. I also like that the wraith is shorter, but it is top heavy on a gun. I would suggest to get the lowest power scope you can if you’re scanning with it, and definitely upgrade the IR light it’s a game changer. Either one will do the job but definitely make sure you have a warranty wherever you buy from. Electronics can and will go bad eventually. If you want a thermal or can wait a little and save (it’s worth it trust me) the Pulsar Core RXQ30V is a great lower end thermal for around $2,000. Stay away from ATN on the thermals they’re sadly underwhelming

Thanks for the reply! Have you seen the new Pulsar digex c50? It’s a NV scope from pulsar. What are some of the biggest advantages of going to thermal over NV?

Lilchpin

FNG
I have owned both. The wraith is by far a better quality optic, but the ATN Automated Ballistics Laser paired with the onboard ballistic calculator is a real game changer. I use this setup on my AR10 while doing depredation at my local airport. Furthest shot I have with it so far is about 600 yards. I think the scope is capable of more but my rifle setup is the limiting factor

Falro

FNG
Thanks for the reply! Have you seen the new Pulsar digex c50? It’s a NV scope from pulsar. What are some of the biggest advantages of going to thermal over NV?
The digex is a premium scope but it comes at a premium price unfortunately. If I’d be spending that much I’d just pull the trigger on a thermal. The best advantages of thermal is being able to quickly scan a field and see if anything is coming in where as Night vision you need to slow down and look for eyes and movement. Also thermal you will be able to see through some light brush/ vegetation and trees where as night vision will bounce off the grass and doesn’t do as well in more hilly and tall grassy landscapes. That being said In flat open terrain or hunting let’s say hogs over corn a night vision can be great because it’s easier to ID the animal as you can see details you cant with a thermal. YouTube has some great videos comparing the two. If you want to buy a used scope Facebook has lots of predator hunting groups where people will sell used scopes for really good deals. I picked up a wraith with an upgraded ir light for $350 a few months ago for a backup gun on FB

TMKSHOOTER

Lil-Rokslider
I like my wraith, the included ir is ok but you’ll probably want to upgrade it to get the most out of the scope. Get some rechargeable batteries for both the scope and ir light whichever route you go.

The wraith is the best bang for your buck in my opinion. Pulsar is nicer, but costs a lot more (can upgrade the light on the wraith and still be way cheaper than pulsar). Compared to a thermal, you will still not see a lot of animals that are in range, since you have to constantly focus them. I would save up for a thermal, unless you will be hunting with someone using one, who can point out the animals for you.

Spook1

FNG
Which wraith model do you guys recommend. I am in the hills here in Ohio. Farthest shot would be 200 yards. I’m more in need of a bigger fov