At home workouts

I really enjoyed Train to Hunt. My wife bought a Peloton bike about 18 months ago and I got addicted to that. It works good for me to mix the cardio of the Peloton with some of the more hunting centric work from Train to Hunt.

I bought a Sunny Bike from Amazon and did the Peloton Hack. All in spent about $400 vs $2-$2500 for the peloton and a 12.99 a month subscription for rage app. I have lost almost 30lbs doing it 3-5 days a week. I am also doing a basic kettlebell workout 3 days a week and backpack cardio a couple days a week with a 40lb pack 2-4 miles a couple days a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I’ve always looked at those peloton bikes and thought they were neat but pricey

Get a sunny bike. Look up peloton hack and get the peloton app for 12.99 a month. It will save a couple grand and you will get an awesome workout. All in about 400.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting. What fasting are you doing? 8/16, 24 hour or something else?
I stick to 18 hours of fasting with a 6-hour eating window. I find myself eating better and more food than when I'm not fasting. I also try to get my workout in at hour 17 of fast. I've seen the most progress with that routine. It May not work for everyone but it sure works for me.

I like the free 30/30 workouts from MTN Tough. Having a hard time justifying buying it though when you can come up with a similar type of workout in your own for free.

I like the free 30/30 workouts from MTN Tough. Having a hard time justifying buying it though when you can come up with a similar type of workout in your own for free.
I have bought a few of their programs and dont feel the need to buy more, I'll just go back through them periodically. It is nice to be able to post and somewhat interact with others if you are working out alone, i really like that aspect of it. Their workouts kick your ass, but the first 30-30 program was the easiest one. The heavy pack one is pretty legit

I have bought a few of their programs and dont feel the need to buy more, I'll just go back through them periodically. It is nice to be able to post and somewhat interact with others if you are working out alone, i really like that aspect of it. Their workouts kick your ass, but the first 30-30 program was the easiest one. The heavy pack one is pretty legit
I didn’t realize there was a social component to the workouts. I would like to find someone I could do them with to challenge myself more.

I didn’t realize there was a social component to the workouts. I would like to find someone I could do them with to challenge myself more.

You should maybe give it a harder look then, everyone posts their stats like reps and times for their WOD and can talk to eachother and the staff. It definitely helps keep you accountable. There is a video everyday and it helps force you to do warm up and cool downs which i admittedly dont do often enough outside of mtntough. I wanna try an elkshape program sometime too

And above all, the programs work if you try hard. I did 21 days in hells canyon between 2 trips right after doing the post season strength and i crushed it and felt great

I'll second the MTNTOUGH programs, especially the heavy pack one. The first 30-30 is a cakewalk compared to that 45-70 program. I'm in week 6 right now, very challenging. Glad I spent the money, the workouts have a great variety and they're designed for hunters; hiking and rucking in steep terrain. They even give you instructions on how you can do it with sand and cheap bags from Walmart.

It's basically like having a digital personal trainer. I had an issue with some knee pain at one point. I reached out and their head trainer gave me a call with a few tips. I can't say enough good things about that company.

I lost 25 pounds last year getting ready for elk season using the exo/atomic athlete plan that was mentioned earlier in the thread. Its free and it works, packed an elk solo over 5 miles. I've been doing the mtntough 45-70 program the last few months and it is on another level. It is difficult but I can see the muscle its added to my legs. I only do three workouts a week on it instead of the five that are programmed, its just too much for me to handle. I've added rucking to it for a wilderness spring bear trip coming up.

I really enjoyed Train to Hunt. My wife bought a Peloton bike about 18 months ago and I got addicted to that. It works good for me to mix the cardio of the Peloton with some of the more hunting centric work from Train to Hunt.
I have one of the Norditrack bikes with workouts. I really like it for cardio and also as recovery workouts.

I have always liked interval training on the treadmill. One minute sprinting and then one minute walking. I increase my sprint speed every interval and usually like to get to about 3 miles. I use this to drop weight fast, also helps a lot with cardio.

Another +1 for MTN Tough. Great programming. They cater to home gyms or nothing at all. Workouts will expose your weaknesses fast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Google “leg blasters” from mtn tactical/ mountain athlete. You can do them anywhere and excellent for prepping for the mountains.

Back