Astonishing warranty response by AKU

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Walter

FNG
Classified Approved
If they replace, repair or refund I’m sure I’ll be ok.

They clearly didn’t see the thread as a defect, so their QA wouldn’t have “caught it,” as it was and remains a non-issue for them.

I’m out.

Drenalin

WKR
The problem has always been a few smart asses who overtly, covertly, or subliminally criticize and ridicule from behind their keyboard. In real life these responses would get the reply they deserve and it's not likely the offender would take it any further.

But through the wonder of the internet, frustrated and dissatisfied persons lash out with snide comments and then pretend to be offended when called out.

The first guy minimized and belittled my concern; "mountain molehill", "burn it with a lighter". Said I should burn the thread. Huh? And burn the new suede toe cap?

Second guy cheered the company for denying me the right thing. "Good for AKU". An idiot.

Another guy says he can't wait to buy AKU boots. Another idiot.

And on it goes. These are clowns, not to be taken seriously. Their lives are so empty and they're so far on the bottom of the totem pole they have to strike out to make themselves feel like somebody instead of nobody.

Granted, the mountain/molehill guy tried to converse but then said no one knows condition of thread under toecap, and that backstitching was very imporltant! Precisely my point to start! But he gets some respect because he came back with some kind of discourse instead of insults and smartass comments like the two Neanderthals above.

Must all be Democrats. They minimize and deflect from the real issues while insulting the victim.
Regardless of how many words you use to justify your entitled bitchiness, it is and remains entitled bitchiness, as you’ve demonstrated a penchant for in the majority of your posts across this forum. Someone in this thread is playing victim, but it obviously isn’t those you’ve pointed to.

AKU did the right thing by (1) giving you a refund and (2) refusing to play your games.

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
The problem has always been a few smart asses who overtly, covertly, or subliminally criticize and ridicule from behind their keyboard. In real life these responses would get the reply they deserve and it's not likely the offender would take it any further.

But through the wonder of the internet, frustrated and dissatisfied persons lash out with snide comments and then pretend to be offended when called out.

The first guy minimized and belittled my concern; "mountain molehill", "burn it with a lighter". Said I should burn the thread. Huh? And burn the new suede toe cap?

Second guy cheered the company for denying me the right thing. "Good for AKU". An idiot.

Another guy says he can't wait to buy AKU boots. Another idiot.

And on it goes. These are clowns, not to be taken seriously. Their lives are so empty and they're so far on the bottom of the totem pole they have to strike out to make themselves feel like somebody instead of nobody.

Granted, the mountain/molehill guy tried to converse but then said no one knows condition of thread under toecap, and that backstitching was very imporltant! Precisely my point to start! But he gets some respect because he came back with some kind of discourse instead of insults and smartass comments like the two Neanderthals above.

Must all be Democrats. They minimize and deflect from the real issues while insulting the victim.

My capacity here as a moderator dictates that I attempt to be as neutral as possible. I moderate activity to try to ensure no-one gets harassed unnecessarily. That doesn't mean you won't get called out by fellow 'Sliders when they see activity that is up for opinions and discussion.

That said: It does seem you have elevated this concern on an issue that many would not agree with. Your original posts indicates several products ratings of 4 or 5-which should tell you several folks are happy with said product.

You also stated they offered a refund. That should be where this ends. No company should be held to a standard unique to every individual human. You can't please everyone and you shouldn't try IMHO.

Expecting everyone to agree with you in blind conformance in not realistic and frankly quite boring.

I've been called out before here and more times than not my criticizers had legitimate reasons to do so. If everyone nodded approval on every post and smashed the like button we would never learn or grow. Cliche maybe but I believe it so.

ljalberta

WKR
Are we getting trolled. I almost spit my coffee out when I saw the pictures.

More time using the boots and less time posting about the boots would give some real world data on any issues.

I’ll tell you what though, in my business, there are some customers that you simply pass on. I don’t think many are going to fault AKU here.

rclouse79

WKR
Seems weird they would offer a refund but not replacement. Why not just get the refund and buy another pair?

svivian

WKR
The Wi-Fi connection im using right now is too slow to create the actual meme so I had to post it manually. Better than nothing?

The @svivian meme school sounds rad. Count me in.
Would be a basic 4 year Bach

Once completed you could move on to get your doctorate in memeology from @Dos Perros specializing in the cinematic experience

Then you can be a snooty meme maker

Status
Not open for further replies.