Asolo TPS520 GV Boots.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Just hit the REI sales. I had 120 in Gift Cards and after the sales ended up walking out with the Asolo TPS 520 GV boots for 120$ cash out o pocket. Man they are comfortable after trying them on. Leads me to my question. Who has and uses these boots? I am a wide so got the 11 Wides and they fit so nice I cant even begin to speak on them though till I got some miles on them. Just looking for feedback if anyone else wears them hunting and your impression.

Thanks for the input.

brettpsu

Lil-Rokslider
Love mine. Was going to give the leather lined version a try but Asolo doesn't make them in wides.

I wear the powermatics 100s and they are awesome! Dont forget to add some aftermarket insoles to really improve the boot. The stock ones are junk.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I wear the powermatics 100s and they are awesome! Dont forget to add some aftermarket insoles to really improve the boot. The stock ones are junk.

Yep I wear a plethora of different insoles in all my boots. Super Feet, And I have some Lathrop and Sons. Everywhere I read people are saying these are built to last. Cant wait to hit some side hills with them see how they do.

warrior80

WKR
I've had the 520s for quite a few years. They are nice boots and have held up well. I don't have the wide version but they may have been better. The toe box is a little narrow so I get a little rubbing on my outside toes. I did change boots this year to try something else out, but I believe the Asolos are a quality boot and you'll probably like them if they fit your foot right.

Pontius

FNG
I've rocked the same pair of 520's for 13 years now, a little heavy but bombproof. Swapped in the Superfeet insoles after a couple years, I should have done that sooner, much preferred.

I think I've dried them out next to the fire one too many times, the insulation doesn't seem to be doing the job this year. That said I'm not retiring them, they'll hunt on for many years to come. Great boot.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Thanks for all the feedback. I wore them all day the other day. the TPS system really works. You can feel more bounce in the areas that have the additional foam. Pretty cool boots. Cant wait to hunt with them in 2016. Putting the Hanwags in the truck for spares.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Havent used the tibets so I cant speak on them. But these are stiffer than my Hanwag Alaskan GTX boots. More comfortable also.