ASAT camo

OP
Jjamesdean

Jjamesdean

Lil-Rokslider
HAHA! Woops. Just edited the post. Thanks.
gotcha. i really want to get the fusion, but hard to do when you hear all this good asat stuff! absolutely hate how asat looks. but apparently it works!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

fltlndr

FNG
I wear ASAT but agree with others that camo is for the hunter. There's a group of guys from the Midwest who hunt public land whitetails strictly from the ground. They regularly tag big bucks without camo. In this video they're wearing fishing nets, possibly for the entertainment of the viewer.

Rifle hunters wear blaze and kill animals in bow range. It irritates me to see a rifle kill picture where the hunter takes of his orange and many times doesn't display his weapon. Anyone else see this trend? Most bow kill pics have the bow placed nicely in front. I guess, it's more impressive to take an animal by arrow...

elkyinzer

WKR
Rifle hunters wear blaze and kill animals in bow range. It irritates me to see a rifle kill picture where the hunter takes of his orange and many times doesn't display his weapon. Anyone else see this trend? Most bow kill pics have the bow placed nicely in front. I guess, it's more impressive to take an animal by arrow...

Wow can't even take your orange off for a picture without pissing off someone on the internet! I'll make sure I remember that just for you next time, pal. I hunt with a bow 95% of the time, the day or two a year I take the rifle is 100% about meat procurement, but I say do whatever the hell you want with your pictures and show them off proudly no matter what you use.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Unless you know the regs. of the area who is to say they wore orange at all? A lot of the old photos in my family didn't have orange. Was told it ruined the photo, too bright causing bad shots.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Ha
Ha
Ha
Ha
I think it's not of essence since it's not your pic to how It's taken. Enjoy the pic for what it is not what you think it ought to be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

OP
Jjamesdean

Jjamesdean

Lil-Rokslider
i think all he meant was he didn't appreciate when someone trys to credit a gun kill as a bow kill?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
So if your weapon isn't pictured your faking something. Guess you get to feel different levels of pride depending on weapon choice.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
Jjamesdean

Jjamesdean

Lil-Rokslider
i would feel much prouder of a 200 inch bull i shot with my recurve at 15 yards than a 350 inch i shot at 400 yds with a 300 win mag. just my personal opinion and i really could care less how people want to take pictures and how they want to kill their prey. I'm just saying the skill level required to kill something with a bow is harder than a gun and it would seem stupid to me that someone would have a low level of pride about shooting it with a rifle so they dont even picture the weapon or orange. Im all aabout rifle hunting and ill gladly post my gun in any of my kills with pride! Now if someone just doesn't like how the orange or the rifle looks in the pic then that's a completely different story.

TheCougar

WKR
I'm a believer that scent and movement are more important than camo pattern. That being said, I do like my ASAT and I am a big believer in it. I've killed elk, deer, antelope, and turkey in ASAT camo and had animals right next to me that were clueless (as long as I was downwind and not moving). I have used it in all types of terrain and although it looks "out of place" to the human eye, it still seems to blend in well with just about any terrain. I think the Kuiu Vias is another solid choice - anything with a lighter background to avoid "blobbing".

fltlndr

FNG
Wow can't even take your orange off for a picture without pissing off someone on the internet! I'll make sure I remember that just for you next time, pal. I hunt with a bow 95% of the time, the day or two a year I take the rifle is 100% about meat procurement, but I say do whatever the hell you want with your pictures and show them off proudly no matter what you use.

Like I said, camo is for the hunter. Blaze-clad rifle hunters regularly kill animals within bow range proving camo is not needed. And if a person strips down to camo for the picture, it further proves my point: it's about image. Like the guy who wears mtn. ops hat/shirt (which seems to irritate several people on this forum) or a truck with a giant kuiu decal on the rear window. I'm not against it. I wear camo, blaze, shoot bow and rifle; but call a spade a spade.

vanish

WKR
And if a person strips down to camo for the picture, it further proves my point: it's about image.

Or, you just wrestled the beast out of a pile of deadfall and you needed to take off a couple of layers to cool down ...

That exact thing happened with a NE deer I took. Didn't even realize I had take my orange off until later when I was looking at the photos.

JB64

Lil-Rokslider
I used it for the first time last year in Central NY during rifle season. Over the course of 4-5 days hunting, I was amazed at how close deer were getting without spooking. Not one gave me more than a once over and multiple times I had doe and young bucks take momentary breaks within 30 yards of my stand. Either I played the winds right those days or it truly broke up my outline. Perhaps a bit of both.

OP
Jjamesdean

Jjamesdean

Lil-Rokslider
Well you guys convinced my to go ASAT over Fusion. One new suit of First Lite on the way. Appreciate all the replys!

LifeAndLiberty

Lil-Rokslider
I think I'm one of maybe a handful of guys in the Northeast using ASAT. I get my stones broke from a few of my buddies pretty good about it. I agree with most that most camo is ineffective or just for the hunter. I'm pretty happy with it so far... and no complaints from the deer I shot while wearing it.

i have the asat 3d suit i get picked off less by deer when wearing it for sure. i think its more the 3d than anything