Arrow wraps and finding arrows

nphunter

WKR
I use white reflective wraps, also for me white and blue are the easiest colors to see, I'm also red/green color blind so orange, red and bright green colors disappear in the underbrush. I've replaced individual vanes no problem when one comes off, however, if I want to replace all three or buy arrows I always prefer a wrap. After a couple of minutes of running them under hot water from the faucet and I can just peel all three off and have a perfectly clean arrow underneath ready to re-fletch.

i tried 3.5 inch white reflective wraps but they kind of lit up in the sun so I do yellow wrap and a half inch reflective ring on the back of the arrow and it's great if looking in the dark and doesn;t add a ton of weight like a nockturnal

CMF

WKR
It's been years since I had any arrow with wraps, but from what I remember the wrap would tear up and need to be replaced when refletching. I wasn't doing myself, so I really don't remember. But you guys find it easier to refletch with wraps?
The last 2 dozen arrows I bought already fletched without wraps and I like them without, but if I did them I'd go white for contrast with terrain and blood investigation.
I have started adding a 1/2" reflective wrap ring between the fletch and nock on a few arrows to see how they shot and how the wrap lasted. They've lasted so far, but haven't done a true comparison against a control group yet. There have been a few times that I couldn't find my arrow at night, but went back the next day and found it.

WBrim

WKR
It's been years since I had any arrow with wraps, but from what I remember the wrap would tear up and need to be replaced when refletching. I wasn't doing myself, so I really don't remember. But you guys find it easier to refletch with wraps?
The last 2 dozen arrows I bought already fletched without wraps and I like them without, but if I did them I'd go white for contrast with terrain and blood investigation.
I have started adding a 1/2" reflective wrap ring between the fletch and nock on a few arrows to see how they shot and how the wrap lasted. They've lasted so far, but haven't done a true comparison against a control group yet. There have been a few times that I couldn't find my arrow at night, but went back the next day and found it.
What are you using for the reflective wrap ring? Is that a specific thing you buy, or just cutting something to fit?
It would be nice to have the little extra help finding one, if ever needed.

OP
Marbles

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
What are you using for the reflective wrap ring? Is that a specific thing you buy, or just cutting something to fit?
One Stringer https://onestringer.com/ sells reflective wraps. I imagine buying some 10 in long ones (12 cost the same whether 3 inch or 10 inch) and cutting off 1/2 inch or 1 inch lengths would work well.

WBrim

WKR
One Stringer https://onestringer.com/ sells reflective wraps. I imagine buy some 10 in long ones (12 cost the same whether 3 inch or 10 inch) and cutting 1/2 inch to 1 inch lengths off would work well.
I’ll look at that, thanks! I think it’s worth a try for a little extra confidence to find a lost shot.

CMF

WKR
I'm pretty sure they are Bohning, got them from an archery shop and cut them down.

I tried some regular adhesive reflective from auto department, but it separated and peeled off due to the tight radius.

WBrim

WKR
I'm pretty sure they are Bohning, got them from an archery shop and cut them down.

I tried some regular adhesive reflective from auto department, but it separated and peeled off due to the tight radius.
I’ll look into that, thank you!