Arrow too stiff??

I am shooting a 350 spine arrow (55 lbs., 25.5 inch draw, 100 gr point) Is this arrow too stiff. With a 125 gr tip I was right on the line, however, I had to bump down to a 100 gr head due too broadheads being out of stock at my local shop. I plan on bumping it up to 60 or 65 in the next month or so.

better to shoot overspined than under. yes, that is stiff for you setup. but, you should not have too much trouble getting your bow to shoot well with that. depending on your components, you might be able to add some weight inside the shaft to the back of your insert.

Beendare

WKR
Assuming it's a modern compound with a shoot through riser....no such thing as too stiff....better to be stiff than too weak spined- weak is where you run into problems tuning BH's.

jps-pa

FNG
I echo what was said above. Better to be too stiff (ways to compensate for that).

dtrkyman

WKR
Assuming your arrow being south of 26 inches I would not want to shoot a 350 spine at that draw weight.

Everything stiff arrows now but in my opinion that changes blow 26ish inches.

I had better results with 400 spine arrows at 60lbs when they are under 27 inches personally, and have seen poor groups with stiffer shafts, I built some 3d arrows in recent years and and started out with 85 grain points for speed, tune and groups were not impressive, bumped to 100 grain point no change, 125s and those things came alive!

So a borderline under spined arrow performed better with more point weight.

If your goal is 65lbs then that may change things depending on actual arrow length and bow performance.