Arrow making

I shoot re curve and I'm considering making my own wood shaft arrows.I'm looking for suggestions on supply sources and instructional information,either printed or vidio.
Thanks
Tim

These were turned out from yellow cedar square stock. I hand spliced the feathers as well (that is a PITA. :) )

splice.jpg

These are naturally tapered bamboo but I made the rosewood nocks.

514b382d.jpg

You can waste all kinds of time making arrows if you want to! lol

RC

Some helpful reply's,thanks guysI forgot that I posted this.
Those dowel makers from Lee Valley are kind of interesting.I suppose that I would need to get all three diameters if I want to experiment with different kinds of wood because they would all have different spines weights in any given diameter.Bamboo is a particularly interesting idea.tuffcity,where did you find the bamboo ?
Tim

Hi Tim,

Bamboo was an ebay special a couple of years ago. Rolled the dice on quality and was very surprised at the straightness, spine, weight and constant taper from one shaft to the next. I used a Lee Valley dowel maker for the cedar ones- worked well.

RC

I made some arrows out of wooden dowels from Lowe's once. They didn't fly too bad, I wouldn't really trust them past 20 yards. I was very picky on which ones I picked.

Back