Arrow Lifespan

Oilfieldmiller

Lil-Rokslider
Question for the more knowledgeable…..

I’ve had about a 6 year hiatus from whitetail archery hunting for various reason (couple late season elk rifle hunts primarily). I’ve a 9 year old Bowtech Experience and a dozen Easton Axis 400 Spine 9.0 gpi arrows. I’m 5’5” so have a short draw length but can’t remember exact numbers. Getting the bow dropped off tomorrow for new string and upgrades. Bow and arrows were in a case in garage all those years and have been thru some cold winters but not much heat and no sunlight.

Do you all think they arrows are still good to go or would the years and temperature cycles have weakened them? Should I shoot them and if I see they are not holding up them replace or be proactive from the start?

I’m headed back to Colorado this year (hopefully) to hunt early archery season and don’t want to waste time with these if I’m likely to replace anyway.

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dtrkyman

WKR
I have been shooting some old cx300 and 200 shafts, their from the 90's and still shoot as good as new!

packer58

WKR
I would say that if kept out of direct sunlight and extreme heat your good to go, might check the fletchings for possible glue issues .....

Insomnia

Lil-Rokslider
I will say, the only shafts I've worn through had about 5 years of probably 30-100 shots a day each through a recurve, and also had been refletched a bunch. Those gained about .100 in deflection.

SwiftShot

WKR
Get new strings and shoot. If you shoot like you should you will probably be needing new ones before season. I mean shoot.