Aron Snyder and Marc Gutman's Colorado Live Hunt

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Well, we just closed the distance to a hundred yards on a small herd....and the wind changed ....and the earth erupted!!!!

Going to hunt our way back to camp.

Hardstalk

WKR
Thats what usually happens to me...You mean to tell me you guys are human as well??

RUTTIN

WKR
Great job Aron! Just got back from my weekend hunt and saw the success. That puts some pressure on David and his elk now doesn't it. Good luck and stay safe. By the way the elk are starting to talk here in Utah! Maybe they will get a little vocal for you guys.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346075543.741985.jpg
Update ...Marc is dropping the kids off at the playground .....I'm out of water and the elk kicked our butt this morning!

I would love to have the elk kicking my butt right now. Stuck here at my desk and staring at the financial markets just is not cutting it! Good luck today.

IMG_01871.jpg

IMG_01881.jpg

IMG_01891.jpg

what hooped bivy is that?

Gman

WKR
We are back! Everything packed out and I just rolled in to my house. Going to kiss the wife and kids, take a shower, and a quick nap. We'll post up better pics and video as soon as we can.

That bivy is an integral designs (uni-shelter I think. Aron can elaborate) we plan on doing a pros and cons update of our gear and I'm pretty sure Aron will be going back to the bugaboo like my yellow one in the pic. For how we hunt it's pretty hard to beat. By that I mean some sort of tarp or shelter at camp and then the ability to bivy through weather at high altitude or away from camp.

More to come.

Gman

WKR
Gman can water get in the middle top zip on the buga boo very easily?

Not easily. All the zippers are waterproof zippers. Weakest point is the bug netting and there's a snap with a flap to seal out rain.

As I've mentioned before I think all Bivies are a bit of compromise and this one almost does it all well. I wouldn't want to wait out a storm in the bugaboo but other than that it's great.

cmeier117

WKR
Have you or Aron looked at the alpine bivy from ID? It looks like its lighter and has 3D cut to it? I am torn between the two.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have multiple hunts lined up for the next 3 months and the one this Friday is a real SON OF A, so I wanted to get back and rest for a couple days....

If the elk were screaming, than it would be a different story, but after the 5 mile hike out I feel good about the decision (pack was heavy).

DSC02406.jpg

DSC02227.jpg

DSC02330.jpg

I'll post more photos soon, but I gotta get in the shower...I STINK!

Brad

FNG
Thanks for sharing your hunt! I am pretty sure you got all of us even more excited than we already were. Good idea on the "live hunt".