Arkansas hunting and fishing?

The white river tailwater near Cotter has pretty good trout fishing. I've only been once but had a good time and caught some nice browns.

thegrouse

Lil-Rokslider
I enjoy the trout fishing up there, not as scenic as the mountains, but good fishing.

Christopher.Reed

Lil-Rokslider
I live in Bentonville (NWA) and I can say the hunting and fishing are pretty good as a guy that grew up in Alaska.

For hunting: there are enough public hunting areas (WMA’s) that it would take decades to explore them all for deer, bear, turkey, and other upland birds. It’s also a waterfowl Mecca of duck hunting is your thing and there are actually Elk here even if you have to win a lottery to hunt them.

While the whitetail aren’t Midwest monsters, your a short drive from Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, and Mule deer out in Western Oklahoma.

For fishing: there is some amazing trout fishing on the White River but also great catfish, crappie, striper, and bass fishing.

An added bonus is that there is world class mountain biking, art museums, beautiful scenery, strong economic growth, zero crime, and pretty good folks for the most part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wags

WKR
My best friend is moving to the Sulphur Springs area in November. Having been back there once to look over some things it's an incredibly underrated state. I'm sad to loose him but am excited for him and his family.

Can fish for anything from trout to catfish, and hunt anything from elk to alligators. We have a pretty cool state
Elk in Arkansas, who knew. What part of the state are those in? I'm in TN and we have elk tags too although very few and they are extremely hard to draw. I assume Arkansas is the same?

Christopher.Reed

Lil-Rokslider
Elk in Arkansas, who knew. What part of the state are those in? I'm in TN and we have elk tags too although very few and they are extremely hard to draw. I assume Arkansas is the same?

You have to be a resident of at least six years of age to hunt them. Yep, we start them off at six apparently .

whaack

WKR
AR is a pretty great state for hunting and fishing. My family is from there and I go home every year to deer and duck and hog hunt. Absolutely beautiful state.

conley417

Lil-Rokslider
Buffalo River area has some good hiking trails and places where you can see the elk. Ponca area

OP
Z

zacattack

WKR
Y’all have done a good job of alleviating my worries that I was going to be disappointed. After living in Michigan I was worried that I will always be let down in the fishing/hunting and other out of doors activities in different states if I ever had to move.

Wags

WKR
Y’all have done a good job of alleviating my worries that I was going to be disappointed. After living in Michigan I was worried that I will always be let down in the fishing/hunting and other out of doors activities in different states if I ever had to move.

There's some good bass & trout fishing there. It may not compare to some of the smallmouth lakes up North but it's still good.

You may want to check the public access for hunting close to where you are looking. I know when we were considering Texas that the lack of public land close by was the deal breaker.

It’s probably the most scenic area in the Midwest. Lots of great rivers and some excellent lakes as well. Fishing won’t be an issue. Hiking is abundant too.

I don’t know as much about hunting in the area. Suspect deer aren’t as big generally speaking as you’d find further north.

If you are moving to NW Arkansas, then you will be on the Missouri line also. We hunt both states. Lots of Mark Twain National Forrest in Missouri within an hour you can run around on.

All the lakes you could possibly want to fish. Along with many creeks and rivers that hold some good Small mouth.

I am in NW Arkansas as well.

If you're not a (large) landowner in the counties that have elk in Arkansas, it's not likely you'll get to hunt them. If you do find them outside their zones though during hunting season I do believe they're fair game.

SpringM1A

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve lived there for some years, I enjoyed fishing there more. Peace and quiet.

Btaylor

WKR
Have a job interview coming up in NW Arkansas. Just curious as to how the hunting and fishing are.
Twelve hundred plus post and here you are mining for honey holes. ;)

If you like to hunt, fish or just generally enjoy outdoor activities, you wont be disappointed in what the state has to offer.

OP
Z

zacattack

WKR
Twelve hundred plus post and here you are mining for honey holes. ;)

If you like to hunt, fish or just generally enjoy outdoor activities, you wont be disappointed in what the state has to offer.
After 1200 posts I’ve learned the sneaky way to ask for honey holes in a state.

Christopher.Reed

Lil-Rokslider
How do you know the toothbrush was invented in Arkansas?
Because if it had been invented in any other state it would be called a teethbrush!

It’s true.

It’s also where the worlds largest retailer came from, coincidence? Walmart was created out of an enormous concern for Americans oral hygiene .