Arizona GMU 17A OTC Archery

tanner.estes

FNG
Classified Approved
First time poster from CA thank you in advance for any help, i am researching arizonas otc late archery hunt i have more or less zeroed in on units 20c,17b,18b as my favorable options as they are all in the same area but 17A looks really interesting and i cant find anything in the regs as to weather or not its open for the late otc hunt the AZGFD tracker does not show this unit, has it already met quota? or is it not part of the available units? Also i will only be able to take 2 weeks for the hunt and planning with the new moon phase i am looking at jan 5th-21st. Will that put me in the good rutting times for the area? And if any locals could chime in how much snow if any should i be expecting. Thanks everyone

OP
T

tanner.estes

FNG
Classified Approved
Most those units will be closed by January 5th... Impossible to plan an otc January hunt for northern Arizona. Plus you're not guaranteed a tag anymore. Ed F
U think 41 deer go down in 20c before january? So i should have more southern backups then

bowuntr

WKR
Possibly... and yes. As these units close it congests hunters into the surrounding units and its a dominoe effect. The rut starts up here in December and most hunters are filling their tag with anything with antlers at the end of the season. I don't recall when 20c closed last year. Ed F