Argali Skyline Ti Titanium Wood Stove

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
I got to check these out in person. Really nice stoves and solves a bunch of issues that other stoves had. I'm excited to try one of these out this fall.

Kyle C

Lil-Rokslider
Looks awesome. I'm yet to jump into the hot tent game, but might just have to give it a try now. Any plans to come out with a half insert that will still allow you to accommodate the stove in you're 4P Absaroka?

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Looks awesome. I'm yet to jump into the hot tent game, but might just have to give it a try now. Any plans to come out with a half insert that will still allow you to accommodate the stove in you're 4P Absaroka?
Yes, half inserts are coming this summer.

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Awesome. I'll hold out and probably buy as a package when you release.
Sounds good. Just a heads up that I don't know if we'll have inventory for each at the same time. The half insert demand is high and expect those to go quickly when we get them.

S.Clancy

WKR
I tried to like my lite outdoors stove on 5 separate occasions. Every single time I gave up on it and just did without. Biggest pain in the ass I’ve dealt with
I've had one for 3-4 yrs, I don't understand this. It takes me like 3 minutes to get it set up.

I've had one for 3-4 yrs, I don't understand this. It takes me like 3 minutes to get it set up.
I wish someone like you would post a video of setting it up that easy in the field. If I could see it, I might be swayed to go that route. Seems like maybe youve got some technique that nobody else knows about. Im not doubting you but it just seems most around here have a terrible time with that.

LA Hunter

FNG
Hi there, I'm in line at GoHunt waiting for more stoves to arrive. I'm curious if Argali will improve or stay the same on what appears to be a very no-fuss stove design.
  1. The truss lock legs look very flimsy. Do they hold up with a loaded stove?
  2. Secondly, it seems better to put a loop handle on both sides of the door. What were your thoughts on that and will you change the door assembly?
  3. Will any larger models be coming out?
Are there any other improvements or changes coming with the new models?

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hi there, I'm in line at GoHunt waiting for more stoves to arrive. I'm curious if Argali will improve or stay the same on what appears to be a very no-fuss stove design.
  1. The truss lock legs look very flimsy. Do they hold up with a loaded stove?
  2. Secondly, it seems better to put a loop handle on both sides of the door. What were your thoughts on that and will you change the door assembly?
  3. Will any larger models be coming out?
Are there any other improvements or changes coming with the new models?
Hey there, others can chime in here with their experience, but I'll answer your questions from my experience using the stove and designing it.

1. The Truss lock legs can handle a wood stove full of wood. I've used it a lot I've put big rounds in. My rule of thumb is if it fits in the door, you're good to go. The legs have a bend in them that supports the bottom panel of the stove as well. We are beefing up the welds on the bottom of the stove but thats the only update to the legs.
2. I haven't found needing more than one handle on the door to operate it since it is so small. I usually use a stick if I need assistance opening/closing the door. Others can chime in if they have a different opinion.
3. Yes. But not likely until next year.

In terms of other updates, we slightly tweaked the way the spark arrestor sits in the stove pipe connector to allow the stove pipe to slide over the connector a little more. We also added additional spot welds on the internal titanium L brackets. These are all minor tweaks though. No major changes.