Argali Skyline Ti Titanium Wood Stove

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Our new Skyline Ti Titanium Wood Stove is finally out. Product page with all the details is below, but some of the features I think you'll all be interested in include a longer box size, our TrussLoc leg system (reduced leg weight w/ added bottom panel support), integrated spark arrestor, easy and quick panel assembly as well as separate carrying cases for the stove box and the stove pipe. overview video below. Let me know if you have any questions.

Presale starts June 1st at 9 a.m. MST and will run while supplies last.

Argali Skyline Ti Titanium Wood Stove

ARG_Stove_600x600-1.jpg

Attachments

• 0T8A2096.jpg
    0T8A2096.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 89

CCooper

WKR
Got a hint from Brad a couple months ago these were on their way when inquiring about a good stove choice for my 2P. Signed up for the notification, I will be having one of these.

I like the idea of the L-bracket connection instead of the pass through all-thread. Would definitely be interested in seeing an assembly video to see how that works. Big fan of the leg design too in theory.

I like the stamping on the sides but no stamping on the top even though part of the design intent is to be able to cook on it? Maybe it's not necessary or it doesn't help that much but on my stove that top flexes a ton when hot with pretty light loads. Same with the bottom panel if you load the box up. Would be interested to hear if stamped top and bottom panels were tested.

Love it! Excellent design. Looks like you guys have taken the best ideas from other stones and improved them a ton! Question: how big of a tent could this be good for? Could it warm larger tents than the absoroka or is that the limit?

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I like the idea of the L-bracket connection instead of the pass through all-thread. Would definitely be interested in seeing an assembly video to see how that works. Big fan of the leg design too in theory.

I like the stamping on the sides but no stamping on the top even though part of the design intent is to be able to cook on it? Maybe it's not necessary or it doesn't help that much but on my stove that top flexes a ton when hot with pretty light loads. Same with the bottom panel if you load the box up. Would be interested to hear if stamped top and bottom panels were tested.
Great questions. Assemby video is below. On the stamping, We didn't do it on top or bottom intentionally. In our testing (and in my personal experience), the warping is worst on the bottom of the side panels and the bottom panel, but the long sides are by far the worst. The bottom of the side panels are much more likely to get red hot as coals sit against the metal, which is what causes the deformation. The longer the panel, the less rigid it is an the more susceptible it is to warping. What happens is as that metal gets red hot and if there isn't any weight pushing against the panel to keep it from deforming, it will naturally start bending and catorting. The bottom panel of the stove doesn't deform neary as much because of the weight of the wood in the stove, even though it gets red hot. We also added a support bar on each of the legs that runs perpendicular to the bottom panel as a way of supporting the bottom panel.

As for the top panel, it can get bent up in your pack, but typically any deformation there is from normal wear and tear and not through the titanium getting red hot and deforming. There wasn't much added value to stamping on the top panel, so the added cost wasn't justified. We also wanted a flat top so you could use it for cooking and heating up water.

Our carrying cases were also designed to help mitigate the panel bending that can happen while packing the stove around as well.

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Love it! Excellent design. Looks like you guys have taken the best ideas from other stones and improved them a ton! Question: how big of a tent could this be good for? Could it warm larger tents than the absoroka or is that the limit?
I've used this stove in tents up to 8P in size and you could probably do even bigger. It will absolutely throw some heat. To really get it ripping, I like using a folding saw and cutting big rounds that can burn longer and put out a lot of heat.

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
What is total weight with stove, hardware, bag and 6 foot pipe?
copying the text below from the product page:

Specs
  • Weight-2 lbs 2 ounces for stove
  • Weight (Stove and 5' pipe)- 2 lbs 7 ounces
  • Weight (Stove and 6' pipe)- 2 lbs 8 ounces
  • Stove Box Assembled Size- 15"L x 8.5"W x 9"H