Argali Rincon 2p vs Absaroka 4p

Looking for opinions on using the Absaroka 4p vs Rincon 2p as a tent for one person. Would likely be used with the half nest and stove for either setup.

Currently would likely be using solo but potentially could have another person at some point in the future.

I understand there is approximately pound or a little more weight difference but noticed the peak height of 74” vs 54”. I like the idea of more room.

Any thoughts on these two would be appreciated. Likely used for a spring bear hunt in ID or MT and rifle elk seasons.

I run the absaroka 4 p with a half liner and stove. You could definitely fit 2 people in the half liner side but I just use it for solo hunts. In better weather or where there arent any bugs you could get 3 people in it with room for gear pretty nicely. I wanted the 2p tent to save some weight but the extra space was well worth the trade off. And honestly its only a few ounces.

OP
WiscoHoundsman
Thanks for the info. That was my thought that it’s only a little more weight but quite a bit more comfort/height with the ability to add that second person easily enough. Either way I would get a stove with the pipe length for the 4p and could use it if I end up with the smaller tent some day.

ewade07

WKR
I own and have used both. They are both great tents, the 4P is a few more ounces than the 2P so if your looking for more room id go with the 4P. Keep in mind that the footprint is much larger tho. Cant really go wrong with either one.

I run mine without any nests so no experience there.