Argali Owyhee 1P Tent | What do you wanna know?

I'm going on a 5-day backpacking trip in the new Argali Owyhee 1p tent starting tomorrow.

What do you guys wanna know?

Looks like great testing conditions with every potential weather known to man in the forecast. I set it up in the yard over the weekend and am stoked to use this little guy.

Let's hope we can glass up a bear or two between weather breaks!

Attachments

• IMG_9FAABAD34342-1.jpeg
    IMG_9FAABAD34342-1.jpeg
    481.2 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:
OP
Jaden Bales
Head and shoulder room while sitting up. Are you constantly in contact with the sides? Breath-ability/ condensation management.
What are your height and weight? I'm 5'6" and 180 lbs, but the buddy I'm going with is a bit taller and skinnier.

OP
Jaden Bales
Did you use the liner? How was moisture management
Yep! Rockin the liner. So far, it’s been easy peasy for moisture management though I admit, I totally messed up and pitched it too low to the ground the first night. Gotta have some air flow or else the condensation is bad. But that seems to come with the territory of these type of tents.

CoryCa

FNG
I'm shopping for a 1p tent. I've pretty much narrowed it down to this and the durston xmid. I do like that it only requires one pole so that I can use the other if I'm in the steep stuff

Smokeslider

Lil-Rokslider
I'm 6'5" 240 with broad shoulders. Will I fit?
I'm 6'4", 240 with not so broad shoulders. Received mine in the mail yesterday and set it up in the yard last night. It's gonna be a tight fit. With the liner in, my head seems to barely touch the liner and my feet are barely toughing the liner. It'll also be a tight fit to get my pack and bow in the vestibule outside the liner. We'll see. I'm gonna try it for Archery season to give it a go. It's a tight enough fit that if someone offered me the price I paid for it, I'd probably take them up on it and buy the 2-man Argali for the extra space with not too much of a penalty.

OP
Jaden Bales
I'm 6'4", 240 with not so broad shoulders. Received mine in the mail yesterday and set it up in the yard last night. It's gonna be a tight fit. With the liner in, my head seems to barely touch the liner and my feet are barely toughing the liner. It'll also be a tight fit to get my pack and bow in the vestibule outside the liner. We'll see. I'm gonna try it for Archery season to give it a go. It's a tight enough fit that if someone offered me the price I paid for it, I'd probably take them up on it and buy the 2-man Argali for the extra space with not too much of a penalty.
This is excellent info! I'll probably include this intel in the write-up because that's really helpful for guys to know.

What is you opinion of the vestibule space? What gear did you put in it comfortably? Eg what size pack? Weapon? Boots etc. I just want enough room for a 4800 pack and my bow.

Other question is…did you try leaving the liner attached at all during breakdown and set it back up paired together? Was setup smooth and quick as it looks?

Thank you!

OP
Jaden Bales
What is you opinion of the vestibule space? What gear did you put in it comfortably? Eg what size pack? Weapon? Boots etc. I just want enough room for a 4800 pack and my bow.

Other question is…did you try leaving the liner attached at all during breakdown and set it back up paired together? Was setup smooth and quick as it looks?

Thank you!
Firstly, I can confirm my rifle, spotter, and Sky5900 all fit under there no problem. I used the heck out of the vestibule since it was raining off and on with my first trip. I never left the two layers together because I was drying them out a lot when I wasn't using them.

Also, the setup is certainly quick and smooth...after you figure out how to stake it out properly.

I'll take photos and include more detailed commentary in the full write-up.