Argali Carbon vs Serac Knife?

lukebrowning

Lil-Rokslider
Narrowed it down to one of these two. Anyone use both and can comment on which one you prefer? This is strictly for skinning and breaking down deer, elk, bear in the field. I mostly bone out when possible. The Carbon seems to be the better all-around blade profile while the Serac might be a little better for skinning?

AaronL50

FNG
I just received my Serac a couple weeks ago. So far I have field dressed and skinned one whitetail with it. The knife came super sharp right out of the box. No problems at all skinning and gutting. The knife is also super lightweight and the material on the handle provides a great gripping surface.

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Have both, like both. I can see how some guys would prefer one over the other, but from my perspective I don't see that one has a huge advantage as a "do it all" knife. That said, if I primarily boned-out (as you mentioned), I'd go Carbon.

hunterjmj

WKR
I was in the same predicament and eventually went with the carbon. Gutted, skinned and quartered an antelope with it this year. I'm very happy with the carbon. I used my replaceable blade knife for skinning the head out.

OP
lukebrowning

lukebrowning

Lil-Rokslider
I haven’t used it yet. Hoping to put it through the paces during spring bear.