Area 419 Tikka Rail Failure

recently installed the Area 419 20 moa rail on my tikka. Sense then i have had issues sighting it in and couldnt figure out why until one of the shots I saw my scope move and noticed the bolts from the rail only had 3 threads in the tikka and the scope actually fell off. I have reached out to Area 419 and they are going to send me new bolts but my confidence in it holding is down with how little the bolts are and how deep they set. Has anyone else had this issue or what was done to fix this?

huntnful

WKR
Bed/bond the rail to the action if you want to use a rail. They come loose all the time. It’s not specific to area 419. It’s the rail and tiny screws in general. I’ve seen a half dozen of them rattle loose on various guns/manufacturers.

Or just utilize the machined in rail on the tikka action with some UM tikka rings?

Last edited:

eightyeight mag

Lil-Rokslider
Have two of their rails and they have been awesome. Never an issue. Sounds like you may need to torque your rails down a bit more

khuber84

WKR
I've used 4 area419 Tikka rails. Cleaned all screws/holes with brake clean. Thoroughly dry, apply red loktite to all hardware. I torqued all to 25"/# and they've held up without issue. All relatively light builds, 300wsm, 2x 6.5prc and a 22cm. If I had do it again, I'd go with UM rings atop the Tikka dovetail rail just to eliminate a possibility of them coming lose. Did have a few set of hawkins hybrids come lose even with above process of installing. I now don't use hawkins rings on anything.