Are Crispi still worth buying?

I got a pair of Crispi Wyoming in 2017 and have put a ton of miles on them since. They have been falling apart in the last year and finally gave up the ghost. At the time they were twice the cost of my most expensive boot and were worth every penny.

I have heard there might have been some changes at Crispi and the quality wasn't what it had been. Is there any truth to that or are they still worth $380?

My feet have a hard time finding a boot that is comfortable for long miles and that boot fit perfectly right out of the box.

dlee56

WKR
I recently just did a huge order/try/return on several top boot brands (Hoffman, hanwag, keen, meindl) but ended up back in a crispi, their footbed just agrees with my foot.

Wore the summits for the last 5 years, love them but they are pretty tired now. I kept the Crispi Kenai from blackovis and I'm happy with them so far, but haven't had them on an all day hunt yet.

bsnedeker

WKR
I'm in the same boat, my old Nevada's are on their last season. They've lasted me 5, very long seasons. I've been looking at the Kennetrek boots but honestly the Crispis have never given me an issue so I'm hesitant to switch it up. I have been considering trying a switch to a more synthetic boot to save some weight but I don't really trust synthetic boots so I'll probably end up with the Nevadas again.

Seeknelk

WKR
My Nevada's have a hole thru that little oval panel on heel after one season. But it's probably a fluke and my local boot guys will take care of me I'm sure. Had same thing happen with Lowa sheep hunter after 3 seasons, gave me full store credit for new ones. Suddenly could put a finger right thru those panels. I don't get what I'm doing to boots right there.

I can't speak to the longevity, but I've purchased three pairs in the last year and kept two. I have finicky feet - I have an insulated Wild Rock Plus and uninsulated Altitudes. They feel fantastic. The Idaho IIs didn't work well with my feet. It's hard to know anymore - how do you measure quality? I got tired of paying plenty for Danner boots only to have them fall apart after a single season. Or having my feet torn apart by Irish setters.

jofes

WKR
I have the briksdals, used them all summer for training and they were great this fall. I had to adjust how I laced them for my feet. Great quality in my opinion.

Xlr8n

Lil-Rokslider
I'll let you know in a couple years. Just picked up some West River 2.0's. Seems pretty stout so far.

If you want to make a brand switch, Schnee's is currently having a great sale on 2022 and 2023 model hunting boots. They always get good reviews.

Coxen02

FNG
Absolutely. My guides are my favorite piece of hunting gear. I always had boot and foot problems until I got my crispi’s.

PNWNICK

FNG
I bought Wyoming 2s in 2020 and have 360 tracked miles in them and many more since I worked in them this summer thinking I was going to buy a new pair of boots but didn't get around to it and they have finally become not waterproof and lacking in what they used to. I am in the same boat, do I go with what I've had and liked, or do I try something new, but I do not think their quality has gone down. My dad had a problem with his summits wearing a hole on the inside of the foot on both shoes within 20 miles, but I think it was a fluke.

TheGDog

WKR
Which Crispi are the ticket for stomping thru A LOT of Buckthorn and rock, without the soles getting a tear? And not being super heavy to wear and hot.

-=-=-=-

Meanwhile, been continuing on with these Salomon Quest 4D GTX. the first pair went thru 3 season. And then the soles simply got sacked-out and didn't provide enough cushioning anymore.

The next pair developed a bad sole tear in just one season. Really upset me. Tried an inexpensive Lowa. Which was "aight", but nothing great.

My newest pair of Salomon I got new for this year, look like they're also going to develop that similar sole tear sooner rather than later.

One plausible theory I have regarding this shortened lifespan re: the sole tear - is the possibility of them being placed on the Peet's Boot Dryer and me occasionally messing up and forgetting about it and leaving them on far longer than necessary possibly inadvertantly "cooking" the durability out of the soles perhaps? That heat maybe changing the properties of the rubber enough? (Again, since I'm occasionally bad about remembering to go back and take it off the thing after just 1 day)

Wanted to pipe up and put that question out there re: the Boot Dryer possibly being part of that issue to see if others are coming to this same conclusion?

NOT gonna stop using the Boot Dryer. Seems to be the only thing that allows you to get the smell outta boots. Hosing them out inside then immediately putting them on that dryer.