Are Box Stores Irrelevant?

fatbacks

WKR
I hit up our local sportsman’s a lot. Up here in Alaska we cannot order powder, primers or ammo online because of shipping restrictions so we have to get them from a box store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Popper

FNG
I try to support the local tackle shops as much as possible, a couple bucks more here and there I dont mind, but if prices are very different I'll look online for some of the bigger purchases

Jon

OP
207-12A

207-12A

Lil-Rokslider
I try to support the local places in town, but I find myself going to the big national level stores less and less. Perhaps the title should’ve been a little more specific.

TheGDog

WKR
We realistically speaking don't have that in SoCal. Which is why I hate every fiber of Newsom's and Brown's being for passing the legislation to disallow online ammo ordering! Most stuff I have to order online because I live near the coast and most of the brick-and-mortars out here, when it comes to hunting, it's very entry-level gear, and a lot of it for duckers. At first them having lead-free ammo was damn near non-existant. It's a little better now. But not by much. I do occasionally go into REI sometimes, even though I know they're all granola and anti's in there. But I'm picky about some things and must try them personally. And like I said hardly any options near the coast. Since logically there's no nearby close enough public land here in the concrete jungle to provide those types of sporting opportunities enough to support enough sales of that type of equipment for them to warrant carrying it. So I get it from a business sense.