April 8th Eclipse

sneaky

"DADDY"
Do you plan to travel to see the eclipse? I live in Arkansas and news is reporting in excess of 1,000,000 will travel to view it in Arkansas. Local government is telling the public to treat it like a severe winter weather storm. Stock up and stay home. I just have my doubts that many will come to view a less than 5 min event. So how many here plan to drive and what distance and location to view?
Went through it in 2017. I wouldn't drive 15 minutes to see another one. But, that's just me

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

The 2017 eclipse happened in August and the most interesting part to me was how much the temperature dropped during it. Obviously that would happen, but it hadn't occurred to me beforehand since I was only focused on how dark it would get.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
How was everyones eclipse?
The clouds here broke for a moment at totatlity and I got to see it and take some pictures.
It was neat. I dont know if I would travel to see one. My house was in the path of totalitaty. I sat by my pool.
I did however succumb to commericailism and purchase some eclipse stuff.

20240408_133738.jpgimage000000 (1).jpg
20240408_133438.jpg

20240406_142214.jpg

Last edited:

jonpall

Lil-Rokslider
I didn't really have to travel for it but it was cooler than expected. My pictures did not turn out as well as Reburn's though.

JasonT

Lil-Rokslider
I will have to say that it was cooler than I expected, the totality portion. It got eerily quiet and neat how you could see some stars.

eltx

Lil-Rokslider
Pictures just don’t do it justice. Incredible experience. These photos were taken 1 min apart, the difference between 99% and totality.

Attachments

• IMG_0803.jpeg
    IMG_0803.jpeg
    404 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0805.jpeg
    IMG_0805.jpeg
    260 KB · Views: 55

Gseith

Lil-Rokslider
I didn’t have to travel living in NE Ohio. First one I have seen. I will say it’s an experience. When it gets dark it’s odd when all the crickets, spring peepers, and coyotes all start up like it’s dusk. Then all stop just as fast as they started when it’s over. And the quick cool down of the temp was neat.

Mt Al

WKR
1712626551476.jpeg

Landed DFW 20 minutes before total eclipse and made it outside. Brought the glass from my welding helmet, very cool to see it happen and take a few pics. wouldn't have made a special trip but was fun to watch
1712626551476.jpeg

Today was my second total eclipse and I got to spend this one at home with my family. Simply an awesome experience. Hearing old men jump up excited during totality along with my 9 year old was so great.

OMF

Lil-Rokslider
We had about 45-50% here in NE Colorado. It was cool to see through the glasses but I couldn't get a decent photo of it. I tried different filters etc. but most didn't show any coverage by the moon despite seeing it with the cardboard clown glasses. 20240408_200620.jpg20240408_115736.jpg

jmibarra

FNG
Not much here in Colorado. Was out fishing, forgot about the eclipse, and didn't even notice it happened. The areas in totality looked pretty cool though. Guess I will have to wait 20 more years for totality here in CO

Drove 2 hours to be in the totality . Temp dropped significantly, buzzards and other birds freaked out and went to roost . Unless you experienced it in totality you didn’t really experience it imo.

I can think of something that lasts 3-4 minutes that is pretty exciting................
Youre gettin 3-4 minutes? Please share your nutritional/cross-training/spiritual regimen for the benefit of others who are not able to reach this kind of level. Asking for friend….

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Youre gettin 3-4 minutes? Please share your nutritional/cross-training/spiritual regimen for the benefit of others who are not able to reach this kind of level. Asking for friend….

You need my regimen for a roller coaster ride?
What did you think I was speaking of. Get your mind out of the guttter sir. 🤣🤣🤣

You need my regimen for a roller coaster ride?
What did you think I was speaking of. Get your mind out of the guttter sir. 🤣🤣🤣
Errr… Yeah…l …that’s what I thought…. my endurance at the amusement park is not like it was…

This reminds me of a few years back when we rented movies in person, at the Blockbuster Video. I rented a Brad Pitt movie called ”Snatch” Which was about some petty crooks and a boxing match IIRC…. Anyway the attractive young lady behind the counter says enthusiastically “Great movie! It’s not about what you think it is, though”. I could not restrain my self. “Exactly what do you think…. that I think it’s about?”. She was speechless and beet red. If not for our age difference, I think I may have had a shot at a roller coaster ride….

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Errr… Yeah…l …that’s what I thought…. my endurance at the amusement park is not like it was…

This reminds me of a few years back when we rented movies in person, at the Blockbuster Video. I rented a Brad Pitt movie called ”Snatch” Which was about some petty crooks and a boxing match IIRC…. Anyway the attractive young lady behind the counter says enthusiastically “Great movie! It’s not about what you think it is, though”. I could not restrain my self. “Exactly what do you think…. that I think it’s about?”. She was speechless and beet red. If not for our age difference, I think I may have had a shot at a roller coaster ride….

Ah blockbuster and strange roller coasters.
Them was the days.
😂

It's kinda one of those things. You can get excited for it or not. It's not really logical to get excited for it, but it may be fun, and fun doesn't always have to be logical.