Anyway to reduce muzzle noise to reduce noise for neighbors?

gtriple

WKR
Buy a bow and shoot noise free until your suppressor shows up. Might sound like another smart comment, but my rifles and handguns are way too loud for where I live. But I can shoot my bow all day without any complaints.
This is what I did when I moved into an apartment in the city. Plus I can practice shooting at an angle by shooting either from the balcony or up to my balcony to the sidewalk.

Tmac

WKR
If you can afford it, you'll never regret buying a suppressor. The Banish is great. I love my TBAC Ultra-9 and 7.

Tires will work, but are just a pain to move around. Could try this:

Gun club I used to be a member of did something similar with 55 gallon metal drums, used 2 iirc. Was very quiet, but a bit of a pain to set up behind. Once I got used to it it was OK.

JK armament and a form 1. Less than 1k and hopefully less than 30 days.

Mine only took 12 days. I think the ATF is closing that option unless im mistaken, its pretty confusing

You may want to rethink that. The ATF is now saying that solvent traps are in fact suppressors and should be transferred via a Form 4. Check out what people who just had their Form 1s disapproved are being asked to do. I don't think it is right, but as they proved with bump stocks, the ATF can declare perfectly legal things "illegal" and make people felons just like that. The cry went up when they did it with bump stocks, but the majority of gun owners did the "those things are stupid anyway" or the "I don't want to criticize the Trump Admin." so it happened. Now we are living with the consequenses.

In regards to current wait times, with the new eForm Form 4 submissions, wait times will be a lot shorter. I have seen a couple of the first applicants get theirs approved already.

As far as spending $1000 on a suppressor and stamp, unless you do the cheap 55 gallon drum or tire option, any other option you go with will end up costing you just as much or more in $$ and time.

I live and shoot in a neighborhood. Obviously I’m safe, but it’s noisy. I let a veteran neighbor know when I’m headed out. Another neighbor hasn’t ever mentioned it, and usually just sits in his garage smoking cigarettes while I do my thing. We’re all about 100-125 yards apart. If I was looking at a sound barrier type thing, a privacy fence with some styrofoam insulation would probably be where I’d start. Deflect the noise upward back toward you.

You may want to rethink that. The ATF is now saying that solvent traps are in fact suppressors and should be transferred via a Form 4. Check out what people who just had their Form 1s disapproved are being asked to do. I don't think it is right, but as they proved with bump stocks, the ATF can declare perfectly legal things "illegal" and make people felons just like that. The cry went up when they did it with bump stocks, but the majority of gun owners did the "those things are stupid anyway" or the "I don't want to criticize the Trump Admin." so it happened. Now we are living with the consequenses.

In regards to current wait times, with the new eForm Form 4 submissions, wait times will be a lot shorter. I have seen a couple of the first applicants get theirs approved already.

As far as spending $1000 on a suppressor and stamp, unless you do the cheap 55 gallon drum or tire option, any other option you go with will end up costing you just as much or more in $$ and time.
Yeah exactly thats what ive heard too. I think mine is good still cause it was approved months ago but it sounds like they wont be approving any new form 1 cans

Yeah exactly thats what ive heard too. I think mine is good still cause it was approved months ago but it sounds like they wont be approving any new form 1 cans
I would hope so. No telling what they plan on doing however. Same with 80% lowers and pistol braces. I have a feeling there are going to be quite a few "felons" out there soon. Hopefully it will kick off enough of a storm that even the Fudds will get off their asses and fight it.

cast10K

FNG
I agree on the can. Check out the March Reddit NFA megathread. Most form 4's on the eform system are actually less than 90 days. What exactly is your budget on this workaround and how long will it take you?

gtriple

WKR
I agree on the can. Check out the March Reddit NFA megathread. Most form 4's on the eform system are actually less than 90 days. What exactly is your budget on this workaround and how long will it take you?
I just got my approval notification a few minutes ago. It was submitted on 01/11/2022. 77 days.

cast10K

FNG
Congrats. I put 4 cans in jail last October and it's killing me watching you guys lap me. Hopefully eforms allows them to get the paper submissions cleared out a little faster.

gtriple

WKR
Congrats. I put 4 cans in jail last October and it's killing me watching you guys lap me. Hopefully eforms allows them to get the paper submissions cleared out a little faster.
My first suppressor purchase around 2014 took 16 months.... So I feel your pain.

gabenzeke

WKR
He did, but acted like I have never heard of a silencer lol Like of course, no need for sarcasm to a serious question? Right? I just looked up on ATF trackers, where are you seeing 90 days? An efile shows as taking 250 days minimum for most

Yeah that would be a pain

Ideally a suppressor is the best idea, but in the meantime something cheap to get by
E-file was introduced in December, so not sure where they're getting that 250 day number. My dealer has started getting some back and said the first ones were right around 90 days.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk