Anyone using vane tec vanes

I'm thinking about getting some to test out but I can't find much info online that isn't 5+ years old and their website is pretty poor. Are they just not as popular as some of the other vanes or is this a company that may be dieing. I don't want to find out I really like them only to not be able to get any more vanes in the future.
Anybody using them and what has your experience been? For reference I'm looking at the 2.88 swift series

wapitibob

WKR
Didn't stick at all. Emails, video, all that, they just didn't stick to the arrows I was using at the time, victory vtac. A friend used them and they stuck well.

I have used them. Actually just fletched some a few weeks ago. However they were probably 6 or 7 years old. No issues with them.

20230120_124354.jpg

Picture is where I'm getting blade contact, but they still group tuned pretty well.

Generally I prefer Flex-Fletch, but I use a lot of different stuff depending on the application.

OP
H
Didn't stick at all. Emails, video, all that, they just didn't stick to the arrows I was using at the time, victory vtac. A friend used them and they stuck well.
Interesting, I have heard they usually stick well. Good to know they stuck well for your buddy.

OP
H
I have used them. Actually just fletched some a few weeks ago. However they were probably 6 or 7 years old. No issues with them.

View attachment 508830

Picture is where I'm getting blade contact, but they still group tuned pretty well.

Generally I prefer Flex-Fletch, but I use a lot of different stuff depending on the application.
Looks like they hold a helical pretty well. Did you do anything for prep or just glue them?

Looks like they hold a helical pretty well. Did you do anything for prep or just glue them?

I wipe the shafts with acetone really quick, nothing for prep on the vanes. Life is too short for that headache. Think that was gorilla super glue, blue top.

Old vane logo design tho, I can't think if I have used the 2.88 or not.

OP
H
I like that amount of prep, if I can avoid a prep pen and $15 bottle of glue that may go bad before I need it next I like that.

hiker270

WKR
I have been using them for years on Gold Tip arrows. I prefer them over Blazers

Bump79

WKR
The Vanetec Superspine 3.0 is the quietest vane I've tried. I played around with a few different vanes. I didn't have much problem with adhesion but the base is smaller than any other vane I've seen. They are also thin but stiff.

They just didn't seem to hold up as well as other vanes I've used. Like Easton Diamond 280, AAE & Blazer. Personally I haven't found one as long lasting and quiet as the Easton Diamond 280. They are a really different material, more rubbery and less stiff but with proper prep I have pretty much stopped refletching arrows. Are they the best vane? Who knows but they steer as well as anything else and I don't have to mess with them. Which I really appreciate, so they are the best vane for me.

I think many people look to vanes as a big source of gain. In my experience with probably 10-15 different vanes & configurations and fixed heads... they seem to either steer or they don't. If you're really damn good they maybe. But at 80+ and fixed heads I can't tell.

I think many people look to vanes as a big source of gain. In my experience with probably 10-15 different vanes & configurations and fixed heads... they seem to either steer or they don't.

This right here. For the most part you either have enough steer/drag or you don’t. Height is more important than length, tho a longer vane of the same height will give you more. The shorter the vane the more helical you will generally want.

Perfect form you can get away with less, in a hunting situation you want to make sure you have plenty. So test your broadheads while you put some torque on the grip to make sure you are getting adequate drag.

Macro

Lil-Rokslider
They aren't as stiff as Q2i in my experience, but I went from a 3" 3 fletch with Q2i to a 4 fletch 2.88 Vanetec and the weight is close to the same, so they are a little lighter.

OP
H
Thanks for the input guys. I know they won't cover every flaw or make everything magically better but my experience with blazers makes me wonder if there are other options that would work better for me. And it's fun to experiment.
Do you guys have anywhere you like buying from?

Thanks for the input guys. I know they won't cover every flaw or make everything magically better but my experience with blazers makes me wonder if there are other options that would work better for me. And it's fun to experiment.
Do you guys have anywhere you like buying from?

I purchase a lot from Lancaster. They aren't so far away from me, usually have it in stock, I get it quick.

Black Ovis is a forum sponsor, I have gotten stuff from them as well, don't know if they carry them or not.