Anyone Use Schnee Boots?

Augie

Lil-Rokslider
Looking at potentially getting a pair of Schnee boots since they have a sale going on. Models I'm looking at are the Beartooth's and Timberline predominantly for August through mid October elk/deer hunts. Has anyone worn Schnee's that could give their honest opinion and experience both with performance and fit? Previously worn crispi, rocky boot, and Danners.

Poser

WKR
I switched to a pair of Schnees Divide back in the Spring. Generous vertical space in these boots, particularly in the toe box. I have big, fat toes and tend to get crowded in the toe box in Italian brands. In the past, I used low profile insoles to accommodate. With the Schnees, I had to go with the (thick) SP trailblazers to soak up some volume. I’d say the boot favors a slightly wider than average foot profile and can accommodate thicker socks, if needed, for most due to the generous vertical volume. With that in mind, someone with a high arch should have a good amount of room.

I wouldn’t recommend this brand of boot for someone with particular narrow or particularly scrawny feet. Flat feet may also have too much volume unless they are also particularly wide.

I have Lowa Tibets, Crispi Thors, and Schnee Granite 200's I run for late season. Love how they fit with a thicker sock on. Great support and ability to lace tightly with little slippage. I'd also echo Poser's comments about space in the toe box, but my feet do not slide front to back at all, so I like the feature.

mntnguide

WKR
Have ran every major brand... picked up the Bearooths this summer. Have around 100 miles or so on them. Big fan of them overall. My crispis for years would hurt the bottom of my feet no matter what insole i put in after many miles with a heavy pack. My feet never hurt once with the Beartooths. Little bit of a break in period but not bad. I usually have wide feet, but got the normal width and they are just fine. I will probably pick up the timberline before next spring to add to my set up for early summer hiking

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Looking at potentially getting a pair of Schnee boots since they have a sale going on. Models I'm looking at are the Beartooth's and Timberline predominantly for August through mid October elk/deer hunts. Has anyone worn Schnee's that could give their honest opinion and experience both with performance and fit? Previously worn crispi, rocky boot, and Danners.

I'm here to answer any questions you might have as well. - Matt

txtransplant

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got Beartooth 0g. The toe box feels tighter than I would have wanted, but that actually hasn’t caused any problems, so maybe there’s a technical reason to have a “fitted” toe box that I’m unaware of.

Anyways, I got 11.5 and wear 11 in tennis shoes. Consider sizing up a half size. Great boots, though.

Love my beartooths. Absolutely no complaints. Probably got well over fifty miles hunting this season on them. Love them.

willtim

WKR
I have the Timberline and Beartooth. Very high quality and will buy again...if needed.

NoRush24

Lil-Rokslider
Got the beartooths this year, been my favorite boots so far. I’ve tried hanwag crispi and enjoy the schnees the best.

I just bought a pair of Granite 0G about a month ago. I normally wear Hoffman Explorers. The Granite is a solid boot and so far has been comfortable. They do seem a little bigger in the mid ankle than the Hoffmans.

I didn't need another pair of boots but I couldn't pass up that sale a couple weeks ago. I grabbed some Granite 2's and man are they built like a brick shithouse. Awesome boots and very happy with my purchase