Anyone tested a Burris XTR ll or lll?

Just as an FYI- Seekins rings (and likewise the Vortex versions) show issues with drops. Not saying that’s the issue, just that scopes relatively often lose zero from drops with them, yet don’t with other standard Pic rings.
Great to know. Both drops with Burris scopes were with Seekins Rings. Any recommendations?

I will get a set of Warne Mountain Tech rings and test again. Is my Warne Mountain Tech rail fine, or should that be addressed.

Again thanks for your knowledge and help.

Commenting on this post. There was another post on the XTR 3 but I can't find it. On that one I had posted my initial thoughts and said I would give a follow-up. I've liked mine. No issues zeroing and working out dope for upcoming hunts. Felt good enough about it at that point that I took/trusted it on a nice trophy tag in Arizona. Just finished the hunt in Arizona. No issue losing zero traveling eight and a half hours from Central Utah. Held zero when it got bumped over onto the pavement when it was leaning on my truck in a parking lot. I always tell myself not to do that but some habits don't die I guess haha. It happened morning of opening day so nothing I could do but worry. Also was still in padded case so that helped. However, took a nice bull and the Burris was right on the money. Did not lose zero. So not worried about durability anymore. I've been very happy with it. Bull took three steps and dropped. Will continue testing in Colorado end of the month and beginning of November. From past experience I do also go overkill on the rings. I have Area 419 precision rings on this rig. I think that makes a difference as well. I've had issues with lightweight hunting type rings.

Attachments

• GYpZN48XAAAavVF.jpeg
    GYpZN48XAAAavVF.jpeg
    590.5 KB · Views: 6