Anyone spray a ground sheet with permethrin with floorless shelter?

Bugs love me. I’m thinking hard about a floorless tarp/shelter. Anyone have good luck using one with a ground sheet treated with permethrin?

dtrkyman

WKR
Have not, but it would definitely work. Not sure about materials that would be harmed from it? I don't think it would be and issue though.

I would spot treat it first in case. Or contact Sawyer and see what they say about materials and application.

Never had an issue even with socks and base layers. I sprayed the perimeter of my floorless with deet last summer while fishing.

Broomd

WKR
Screw the materials---no way in hell I'd spray that sh!t on something that I or my family are sleeping on/next to--gimme the bugs!
A squirt on the socks is one thing --the whole floor quite another.

Screw the materials---no way in hell I'd spray that sh!t on something that I or my family are sleeping on/next to--gimme the bugs!
A squirt on the socks is one thing --the whole floor quite another.

Are you eating off the floor? Whats the big deal? Not trying to be a smartass but if you spray your socks that you wear next to your skin, how is that any better than spraying a groundsheet that your skin barely ever touches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
isItFallYet
We used to spray our cammies down heavily and I haven’t grown a third arm or died yet. I just hate ants and ticks crawling on me when I’m sleeping.

Broomd

WKR
Are you eating off the floor? Whats the big deal? Not trying to be a smartass but if you spray your socks that you wear next to your skin, how is that any better than spraying a groundsheet that your skin barely ever touches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well the point in mentioning the socks was that we're not completely fanatical about such things but that we're overly cautious. Getting lymes disease isn't an option hence the compromise--boots and socks sometimes get juiced in heavy tick country like Ontario Canada. But we seldom spray elsewhere.

Having a whole floor treated with that stuff to where it's likely inhaled? No-go. I buried a young loved one due to cancer--I'm overly cautious.

But you do you!

Zeke6951

Lil-Rokslider
I think you could spray any kind of ground cloth with permethrin and let it dry and it would be okay. I work in the woods often and we have plenty of ticks here, and I tape my pants cuff to my boots and spray my clothes with permethrin. Been doing it for about 20 years. It doesn't keep all the ticks off but it does help a lot. I also spray my yard about once a month with a weak permethrin solution. Seems to help.

Moserkr

WKR
Sprayed the outside of my tipi, my bivy, and my sleeping bag. Also the outside of all my clothes and boots. Why not, it doesnt directly contact me for the most part, and mosquitos can drive you mad…