Anyone receive the wrong ammo before?

knale87

Lil-Rokslider
What was the outcome?

Ordered a case of 6.5 Creedmoor Norma Golden Target but instead received 5 boxes of Hornady Black 6.5 Grendel. Rechecked my order history on the site, order confirmation email, and packing slip which all show the case of Norma Golden Target. The shipping label even has a check mark and a signature as if someone checked it as they packed it.

Website was freeshippingammo.com. They had good reviews on ammoseek but it was my first time ordering through them. Already sent them an email last night.

Did some research last night and it seems most place don’t take back ammo, which is understandable. But in most of those cases, it was the customers fault in ordering the wrong ammo.

OP
knale87

knale87

Lil-Rokslider
Not ammo, but bullets. This was from Scheels. I called them and they not only resent the correct order but said I could keep the ones they sent me (which I could use anyway). I really like Scheels. And their stores are creeping closer to me.
Yea this could definitely be an option. In that case there’ll be a WTS thread for some nicely priced 6.5 Grendel.

i'll bet there's someone out there with a case of norma 6.5 CM wondering why because they ordered 5 boxes of 6.5 grendel.
Yea definitely plausible.

atmat

WKR
Palmetto State Armory once shortchanged me a fair number of boxes of ammo.

I called and they were happy to refund me the boxes, but would not refund shipping (which is lame since it’s based on estimated weight and size at time of order).

I asked for the ammo to be sent instead of a refund, which they said they could not legally do (I’m doubtful of this).

To process the refund, I had to send a picture of the ammo they did send as evidence — which is weird given I could’ve just physically taken boxes out of the picture frame.

Overall would still reorder.

OP
knale87

knale87

Lil-Rokslider
Quick update.

They shipped out my original order yesterday, haven’t received tracking though, and are sending me a return label for the grendel.

mjengland

FNG
Freeshippingammo just looks like a scam. Doesnt even look like they are charging taxes, and they are offering pretty nice discounts. Is this site even legit?

KenLee

WKR
Palmetto State Armory once shortchanged me a fair number of boxes of ammo.

I called and they were happy to refund me the boxes, but would not refund shipping (which is lame since it’s based on estimated weight and size at time of order).

I asked for the ammo to be sent instead of a refund, which they said they could not legally do (I’m doubtful of this).

To process the refund, I had to send a picture of the ammo they did send as evidence — which is weird given I could’ve just physically taken boxes out of the picture frame.

Overall would still reorder.
PSA is known to me as POS.
Their products and their customer service.

OP
knale87

knale87

Lil-Rokslider
Freeshippingammo just looks like a scam. Doesnt even look like they are charging taxes, and they are offering pretty nice discounts. Is this site even legit?
They had decent to good reviews on ammoseek and through other Google searches and they did send ammo, just the wrong ammo.

With that being said, all communication stopped after the last email when they advised they were shipping the Norma and would send me an email with a return label. Ended up disputing the charge with my CC yesterday.