Anyone have one of the New Ram Trucks?

Absolutely had it with my gutless Tacoma. Going to strip it if it’s custom parts and sell privately. Looking at one of the new rams or possibly F150. Gonna see a lot of mountain use here in the Rockies. Any advice? Thanks!

Had a ‘13 Ram with 77k miles and was impressed for the short time I had it. But never got a chance to see it’s longevity. Other than short term I absolutely loved the hemi, the space, ride comfort,etc.. Just never kept it long enough to find out how it faired into the 200-250k mile area. Absolutely should have never traded it in for this ‘18 TRDPRO Tacoma. Absolute failure compared to its predecessor generations.

Had a ‘88 Toyota PU, ‘03 Tacoma, ‘11 Tacoma and now this ‘18 Tacoma. I’m officially done with Tacoma’s. This is a comical joke compared to my past Tacos.

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fmyth

WKR
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4 CC with the 5.7 Hemi and I love it. This is my 3rd personal Ram. Have owned many more as work trucks for my crew. My sons 2010 Ram Hemi went 280k before he sold it. He replaced the AC fan a couple times and had the rear diff R&P replaced at 250k. I pull a 28' Genesis toyhauler that is 10k loaded up. I get 19mpg on highway trips and average 14.8 combined.

Rob5589

WKR
Love my '19. Moderately loaded, leather, cooled and heated seats, off road package that is skid plates and locker, very nice ride even after changing to an E load tire and lifting with Bilsteins. Gets a best on hwy at 75 of 20.6 mpg. Pretty darn good for a full sized crew cab pick up. 27k miles in 13 months and not an issue.

ZDR

WKR
I have a 2020 Ram and an 08 Tacoma. The 5.7 hemi has great power and the 8 speed transmission is excellent especially when hauling. We were planning on getting a 20 F150 but the ram was just more comfortable and way better interior than the F150. Mileage is good, very comparable to the Taco surprisingly. And it’s very capable off road.
image.jpg

netman

WKR
I have a 15 Ecodiesel that is a pleasure to own. It’s actually my wife’s truck as my truck is a Duramax. I would buy a Ram again without a second thought.

• Banned
OP
H
Thanks guys I am really loving these comments! We used to use the heck out of them in the Oilfield and I thought they were pretty damn good trucks. Just was extremely curious to personal vehicles, hunting trucks and everyday commuters.

Personally I’m kicking myself for trading my paid off ‘13 Ram in for another Tacoma. Bad move on my part!

I have a 2019 “classic” (old body style) that I am loving so far. It only has 8500 miles on it, so I can’t speak for longevity. I drive a 2017 Silverado with the 6.2 in it at work and the transmission in the Ram shifts noticeably smoother. Overall, I enjoy driving my Ram more than the Chevy, even though the Chevy has more HP and a higher trim package.

TheCougar

WKR
I’ll buck the trend. I’ve got a 2014 Ram Hemi. Meh. Had to replace exhaust headers due to criminally negligent design. To my knowledge, it is still an issue on all the Hemi trucks. Check any of the Ram Forums or google “exhaust manifold tick”. Power is good and mileage is good for the size and power. Seats are worst seats I’ve ever sat in. Interior fit and finish is meh. The Uconnect was terrible, so I replaced it - but I think that part has been improved. I have serious Ford envy every time I ride in one and after the header issue, I’m wondering what other corner-cutting went on during the design phase. Rams also have the worst resale. The truck does the job, and I’m never short on power or speed, but considering I bought this truck to be a 10 year hunting truck, I do have buyers remorse.

manitou1

WKR
I traded my 2015 Ram with 98K miles on a 2020 Silverado a couple of months ago. I miss it. I miss that Hemi roar too! I still find myself comparing the Chevy to the Ram daily. The Ram had zero issues in 98K miles. Never had a Chevy, so thought I wanted to give one a try. It is a nice truck but it just doesn't feel like the solid truck the Ram was IMO.

OP
H
I traded my 2015 Ram with 98K miles on a 2020 Silverado a couple of months ago. I miss it. I miss that Hemi roar too! I still find myself comparing the Chevy to the Ram daily. The Ram had zero issues in 98K miles. Never had a Chevy, so thought I wanted to give one a try. It is a nice truck but it just doesn't feel like the solid truck the Ram was IMO.

Yeah I’m leaning towards a Ram but I’m not opposed to other brands. Heck even the Tundra is nice....minus the fuel mileage. Unfortunately 8 years in the oilfield scared me of even considering a GM product. Crossing my fingers yours treats you well!

OP
H
If anyone is reading and wondering about a midsize trucks or wondering why I’m selling. I would be more than happy to clear the air in the long dirty list of why I can’t stand this truck. Skip the Tacoma and go check out the Ranger instead. I’ve got a buddy who has a new one and it out does my Tacoma in nearly every category. As well as to be completely honest I’m not sure the whole “Tacoma’s last longer” point can be 100% made anymore.

Yes it’s stands true for the Gen 1 and 2 Tacoma’s but no one has owned a Gen 3 as long and it’s honestly not putting up the best track record so far. I think what happen is they have been at the top for so long, they got complacent and lazy. Made a sell out of a truck and companies like Jeep and Ford saw the hole in Toyota’s boat and took advantage of. That Ranger is downright a better midsize truck. God I miss my Gen 1 and 2 Tacoma, these new ones SUCK!!

willidru

WKR
I have a 2013 hemi has about a 150k miles really have enjoyed the truck. I get about 15 mpg on average. Good power, comfortable rides great.

I’ve had to replace my computer module, some electrical wires and my exhaust manifold.

Only 2 things I don’t like are with the crew cab my truck bed is only 5’-7” and I have a 27 gal tank. It would have been nice to have the bigger tank.

kda082

WKR
I’ll buck the trend. I’ve got a 2014 Ram Hemi. Meh. Had to replace exhaust headers due to criminally negligent design. To my knowledge, it is still an issue on all the Hemi trucks. Check any of the Ram Forums or google “exhaust manifold tick”. Power is good and mileage is good for the size and power. Seats are worst seats I’ve ever sat in. Interior fit and finish is meh. The Uconnect was terrible, so I replaced it - but I think that part has been improved. I have serious Ford envy every time I ride in one and after the header issue, I’m wondering what other corner-cutting went on during the design phase. Rams also have the worst resale. The truck does the job, and I’m never short on power or speed, but considering I bought this truck to be a 10 year hunting truck, I do have buyers remorse.

same here on my 14. Known issue but they won’t recall as it‘s not safety issue. i like my truck and loved a new Ram I rented in NM this winter, but will look at other brands when it’s time to buy.

Ondavirg

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 19 Cummins and I have been very pleased. Tows effortlessly and gets 21-22 mpg on average. I’ve gotten as good as 24 on the highway. Not bad for a 2500. Heck it gets 15-16 mpg pulling my tractor.

FLAK

WKR
Lovin my 2500 '16 Mega Cab with 8ft bed and Cummins Turbo.
Just begs to be driven on out of state hunts.

Seth

WKR
I have two RAM 1500’s, an ‘04 with 170k+ and a ‘20 that I’ve already put 20k on. No real issues with the ‘04 and it’s my hunting truck. I had it chained up in the mud in 2B last winter and it was solid. I’m real happy with the RAM product.

I’ve got a 17 power wagon that I love. A little heavy some times but it goes anywhere as long as your not scared of a few scratches.

Ondavirg

Lil-Rokslider
Forgot to mention the truck mentioned above replaced a 1500 that served me well for 220k miles.