Anyone have one of the New Ram Trucks?

same here on my 14. Known issue but they won’t recall as it‘s not safety issue. i like my truck and loved a new Ram I rented in NM this winter, but will look at other brands when it’s time to buy.
I’ve had this same issue with my 12, it’s pretty common when you have 2 different metals that cool at different speeds. Not only in Ford but Chevy as well. I was told by my mechanic to call dodge customer service. They know it’s an issue and fixed it for free. Only other issue with the 12 was smallest transmission line leak. Rams are good trucks mine has 88k on it and I plan to buy another when the time is right. Best wishes

HuntNTag

WKR
I have a 2016 Outdoorsman crew cab I bought used 2 years ago. This is my second Ram. I had an 08 and then a series of Jeeps, then went back to a Ram. Overall, it’s been impressive.

My family is a GMC, Chevy Fam and they work for GM. I couldn’t go for the Silverado....Just a tired interior and it was bumpier than my Jeep in any bumps, dirt, etc.

Aesthetically, the Rams are nice, the space is incredible but most importantly to me the ride itself is really comfortable. I also love the Hemi. I’ve had to replace a sensor in the fuel pump at roughly 60k miles and that has been it. Everything else has been oil changes and brakes.

I’ve read on here guys getting the 20-22 miles a gallon or more on highway and that’s true on the stock tires and wheels. I’ve had it as well and that was nice, however the clearance wasn’t what I liked, especially coming from the Jeep world.
I did just lift it with 35’s and an AEV kit and that’s brought down the fuel mileage quite a bit. The clearance on it now is amazing for the trails and any hunting endeavor I need. With the beefy tires, it’s down to 14mpg in town and 17 on highway. Overall, I’d buy the same truck over again if I were to go shopping again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 21 tundra. The ride is middle of the road, not as good as the ram I had but better then Ford I had. Has good power and terrible mpg. Interior has more technology then I need but is all easy to use. Hoping it lives up to the reputation of reliability, if not Toyota’s hold their value better then anything up here. Color is nice. It can also drive through 40” of unplowed snow.78A5C553-858F-47AF-89DB-9AEA0F6A2D5A.jpeg8CB04A16-FDF9-4F6C-BDEC-CD6569768701.jpeg

Big_wals

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 19 classic ram, love it. Only thing I would change would be to have spent the extra money for a full crew cab instead of the quad cab, as the back seat is perty small. But it makes for a shorter wheelbase, thus being easier to turn around in tight spaces in the mountains!

Billinsd

WKR
My neighbor has a couple year old 250 with Cummings and he loves it. Dodge trucks are pretty popular in my neighborhood, more than Ford or Chevy.

OverlandOnTheFly

Lil-Rokslider
I have a third gen taco and will probably be replacing it with either a F250, or 2500. Would never touch a gm product. I’m not replacing it because I don’t like it. I love it, however I have a lot of money wrapped up into it. The family is getting bigger and our other car is a 4runner.
The problem with these trucks is the final drive is too high of gearing. If I keep mine I am going to regear to a 5:29, most people would benefit from 4:88s. My truck is kind of heavy with 285s. I also have a MT, I hear the OVTune really smooths out the automatic.
I’m torn between the Ram and the Ferd. Leaning towards the ram with the antiquated 6.4. However the new 7.3 is a bad ass gas engine.
B8D88BE5-96ED-4909-B4F9-CDB1EC17BD36.jpeg

fmyth

WKR
I have a third gen taco and will probably be replacing it with either a F250, or 2500. Would never touch a gm product. I’m not replacing it because I don’t like it. I love it, however I have a lot of money wrapped up into it. The family is getting bigger and our other car is a 4runner.
The problem with these trucks is the final drive is too high of gearing. If I keep mine I am going to regear to a 5:29, most people would benefit from 4:88s. My truck is kind of heavy with 285s. I also have a MT, I hear the OVTune really smooths out the automatic.
I’m torn between the Ram and the Ferd. Leaning towards the ram with the antiquated 6.4. However the new 7.3 is a bad ass gas engine.
View attachment 250135
Nice GF camper. I just sold my AT Habitat a few months ago.

OverlandOnTheFly

Lil-Rokslider
Nice GF camper. I just sold my AT Habitat a few months ago.
Thanks bud, I also love the habitat, so much usable space. I love the GFC, but with a family of four... We can make it work, but it’s tight and we can’t even think about taking the dogs. Solo trips are money, i can be crashed out up in the tent in two to three minutes. The reverse is just is just as fast.

Billinsd

WKR
View attachment 250135
That camper is cool? What is it, where can I find more info? I got a 1st Generation Tacoma.

Absolutely had it with my gutless Tacoma. Going to strip it if it’s custom parts and sell privately. Looking at one of the new rams or possibly F150. Gonna see a lot of mountain use here in the Rockies. Any advice? Thanks!

Had a ‘13 Ram with 77k miles and was impressed for the short time I had it. But never got a chance to see it’s longevity. Other than short term I absolutely loved the hemi, the space, ride comfort,etc.. Just never kept it long enough to find out how it faired into the 200-250k mile area. Absolutely should have never traded it in for this ‘18 TRDPRO Tacoma. Absolute failure compared to its predecessor generations.

Had a ‘88 Toyota PU, ‘03 Tacoma, ‘11 Tacoma and now this ‘18 Tacoma. I’m officially done with Tacoma’s. This is a comical joke compared to my past Tacos.

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had a 2017 Ram 1500 Bighorn with the hemi and loved it. Traded it in for a 2018 Tundra for some reason and then a couple weeks ago traded the Tundra in on 2020 2500 Cummins. I love Ram trucks - never had a problem with them.

Rob5589

WKR
so far so good

towing my 6000# boat I get 20 mpgs

27 mpgs daily

31 mpgs long trips and babying it View attachment 250360
Damn! Great mpg for a full sized pick up. I'm impressed that my Hemi gets close to 22 on hwy, with a small lift and slightly larger tire. I wouldn't have thought it possible when I saw the window sticker.

rodney482

WKR
Damn! Great mpg for a full sized pick up. I'm impressed that my Hemi gets close to 22 on hwy, with a small lift and slightly larger tire. I wouldn't have thought it possible when I saw the window sticker.
My hemi got 11 mpgs pulling my boat.

Reactions: ZDR