Anyone get the Flu this season?

I got the flu on my deer hunt this fall. Super miserable. Lasted about 24 hours but I was weak and sore days later from vomiting so much. I got very dehydrated.

sk1

WKR
no one in my family has had it yet this year.....my wife works at the hospital and got the flu shot but had a nasty reaction to it.....i myself didn't get my shot this year i have in the past. I'm more worried about my 18 month old son, i keep going back and forth on whether to give him a flu shot or not, i really hate all the crap they put in there, and im not sure there is truly a right or wrong answer on giving him the shot......i just dont want to make the wrong choice!

garrickt

Lil-Rokslider
I had it last week, I fought for about 2 days trying to ignore it but it finally knocked me on my ass for about 3 days. Mine was upper respiratory. All I did was drink water and Gatorade for 3 days, I had no appetite plus my throat hurt terribly, between the no food and sweating I lost 14 pounds.
It disappeared fast over the course of about 4 hours, pretty incredible, been feeling fine for a week now.

Floorguy

WKR
Well took my wife to the clinic the intakes nurse told her she should have come in sooner, and then said she had done the same thing. My wife has bronchitis and got a pack. Really glad my kids didn't get it nearly as bad as she did. My head is cleared up too.

Yukondog

WKR
No flu. Picked up strep in Nov. 104+ fever for three days. Could not get under 100 for a week. Sweats, body aches and bad stomach. Tested negative for flu. Worst 7 days I've ever had with a sickness. Took 3 weeks to feel 100%. Lost 10 pounds. Not sure about other guys out there, but I am a horrible sick person. Miserable!!!

Matt

2ski

WKR
I had it last week, I fought for about 2 days trying to ignore it but it finally knocked me on my ass for about 3 days. Mine was upper respiratory. All I did was drink water and Gatorade for 3 days, I had no appetite plus my throat hurt terribly, between the no food and sweating I lost 14 pounds.
It disappeared fast over the course of about 4 hours, pretty incredible, been feeling fine for a week now.

Pretty much the same here. I didn't feel so hot for 3-4 days and then all the sudden one evening, I felt a ton better. I also lost about 10lbs. I felt drained for about a day and a half before I ever started to feel the cough or congestion.

I haven't had a shot nor the flu in more years than I can remember. I too am at a loss because of the death story (#5) and the fact that I have two daughters that are really young. A skeptic at best, I often wonder if you are better off with or without the vaccinations.

This might gross some of you out but I honestly don't wash my hands that often (on purpose), in theory, to make my immune system stronger. I am alway sticking my hands in my mouth putting in/taking out Grizzly. I don't go around licking doorknobs but I don't take unecessary precautions and I work around a bunch of sick office walrusses too.

i dont think id call it the flu but i had something bad last weekend, put me out of comission for 60hours with shivers, pounding head, deep chest cough with nast gunk. finally feel over it a week later with just the occasional hack

Well I just heard from the doctor and my son not only has the flu but has strep too. I got the shot while I was there to show him that the shot is not bad. I think it's going to be along week.

Jdog

WKR
Influenza typically peaks with occurence/prevalence in Jan and Feb--so the worst is yet to come.

The best way to protect yourself is to WASH YOUR HANDS WITH WARM/HOT SOAP AND WATER OFTEN.

Califhuntn

Lil-Rokslider
I am crossing my fingers and soaking them in hand sanitizer. I have never had the flu shot. Haven't had the flu in about 4 years so I guess I am very lucky. I know it is really bad this year. I am just going to hope for the best.

shooten

FNG
Ive had every cold out there so far but not the flu. I always get the shot. My ex-wife got Gullien-Barre Syndrome from the shot last year. She was paralyzed for 4 months. The odds are 1 in a half million but when it's you, it sucks. I'm hesitant to let my daughter get it because of my ex.

Going on my fifth day now. Starting to improve as of yesterday. I coughed so hard I blacked out several times. I hope I am well enough to shoot leagues this week!