Anyone familiar with Alamo’s APR VL Action?

Timjohnson11

Lil-Rokslider
I’m on the fence between a Seekins element or a new Alamo Precision. Anyone familiar with Alamo’s APR VL action or have any general thoughts on the expected quality there? Or relative expectations to the Seekins? Build would be a long action (7PRC).

Plim92

FNG
I have an APR on order with the new VL action and am optimistic. Alamo mentioned it is butter smooth and its closest relative would be the defiance anti. Should have it within the next couple months and I’ll report.
Also have a Seekins ph2 which I can compare to.

IA1865

FNG
I haven't had the chance to shoot one yet, but I got the chance to play with one of the first ones in the shop a few months back and was very impressed. I've had two builds done by APR and have great things to say about every interaction I've had with those guys. That being said, the Seekins Element is a pretty sweet looking rifle and is incredibly light. I'm sure you could just spec out something similar from APR, either the Manners pro hunter stock or AG alpine hunter, APR VL action, 21-22" #2 barrel, etc.

wazzer12

FNG
Been waiting on my APR rifle with the VL action since last November, my understanding fromAlamao they are due in anytime now.

I need to check out the VL action. All my APR builds either have a Curtis or Defiance.

mms2

FNG
my Alamo has a defiance tenacity, do you know if the top rail is milled in the action or normal pinned/ screwed on these new actions? it would be nice to see pictures of them up close

wazzer12

FNG
Never did get my VL action got tired of waiting and switched to a Pure precision SKLTN Action.

Nilgai

FNG
my Alamo has a defiance tenacity, do you know if the top rail is milled in the action or normal pinned/ screwed on these new actions? it would be nice to see pictures of them up close
The scope rail on the VL actions is normal pinned/screwed. It does have a built in recoil lug and comes nitrided. I had them put a short action on the scale and I was surprised at how light it was.

mms2

FNG
The scope rail on the VL actions is normal pinned/screwed. It does have a built in recoil lug and comes nitrided. I had them put a short action on the scale and I was surprised at how light it was.
is it in house? or do you know who is making it for them/rebranded from.